> Job Listings
> Job Description
Planning List Administration Supervisor
Under limited supervision of the DD Regional Service Administrator (RSA), the Planning List Administrator Supervisor oversees the Planning List process of the assigned regional system of community-based Developmental Disabilities Services; oversees the regional system for eligibility determination for individuals seeking needed Developmental Disability services; monitors and ensures compliance of initial and re-certification Individual Support Plans (ISPs) and level of care reviews according to waiver policy standards of community development services; supervises Planning List Administration staff; promotes customer satisfaction and assists with resolving stakeholder grievances, complaints and inquiries.
Oversees the development and on-going management of the following Planning List Administration functions:
Engage in Compliance Management of Documentation
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive database for Planning List level of need and assure that assessment findings are translated to service plan recommendations and documented for the ISP process
- Maintain completion of documentation of records according to the Department and Medicaid waiver NOW/COMP policies
State Fund Management
- Provide supervision to State Services Coordinator and assure compliance with guidelines related to service delivery, level of need and provider capacity
- Monitor providers ability to render services and maintain a strong system for identifying vacancies in contracts
- Work within the Waiver Information System and work in conjunction with State Office WIS/PA Manager and State Office Budget/Billing Manager
- Perform quality checks on initial and re-certification of ISPs. Perform tracking of allocation approvals and renewals to prevent lapse.
Supervise and Manage Staff
- Supervise and plan work for assigned Planning List staff and utilize employee management strategies based upon department guidelines to assist staff in staff recruitment process
- Ensure staff are working to meet the needs of people with MR/DD in the different counties of the region by monitoring monthly (or as need develops) advocacy needs. This will include waiver and state services advocacy
- Work collaboratively with the I & E Team to promote waiver services for those most in need
- Provide oversight to ensure persons who need services receive them. This includes monitoring of individuals on STPL, those receiving waiver letters, and monitoring the PLA to handle barriers such as provider placement, appropriate Medicaid and other concerns that block waiver or state services. Ensure that people moving from the STPL to waiver services have all documentation needed and updated SIS's for placement with Support Coordination
- Ensure a smooth transition for individuals with MR/DD moving from hospital to community placements
Regional Program Development
- Maintain constructive working relationships with individuals in services, families, supervisors, peer managers, provider organizations and other state agencies involved in program implementation
- Provide guidance and direction in the development of policies and procedures consistent with DBHDD and DCH guidelines and coordinate project activities. Perform research, evaluation and analysis of operational issues by attending trainings related to the DBHDD policies and procedures
Bachelors degree in business administration or related area and four years of experience in the management of the administrative support activities of a business or government activity.
Note:Related experience may be substituted for education of a year for year basis
Masters degree in one of the social sciences field with two years of Developmental Disabilities Services and two years which are in management/leadership OR Bachelors degree with four years of Developmental Disabilities experience, two years which are in management/leadership
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 16 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located in the Region 5 Office in Savannah, Georgia.
Founded in 1733, Savannah is a city rich in history, charm and Southern hospitality. Savannah has one of the largest historic districts in the United States, with thousands of architecturally-significant buildings nestled under giant live oaks hung with Spanish moss.
Savannah captivates the suitors that come to call with her natural beauty, eccentric charm and traditional Southern Hospitality -- because Savannah is genteel, gracious and captivating. Savannah is the beautifully preserved hidden treasure of the Low Country. Come unlock the history, romance and beauty that lies within.
Savannah is situated at the mouth of the Savannah River, which forms the border between Georgia and South Carolina. The area has a large network of rivers and creeks. The Intracoastal Waterway runs along the east coast, much of which is comprised of ecologically vital marshes.
Come to Georgia and experience first-hand our historic charm and hospitality.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Planning List Administration Supervisor If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.