> Job Listings
> Job Description
Adult Outpatient Forensic Psychologist
· Completes assigned pretrial competency to stand trial and / or criminal responsibility evaluations of adults at jails or the outpatient office if the defendant is on bond. Travel to and from assigned jails and courts is required.
· Prepares evaluation reports per DBHDD standards for quantity, quality and timeliness, rendering professional opinions as a neutral friend of the court regarding the psycho-legal question(s) specified in the court order per relevant statutes, case law, and the mission of DBHDD.
· Provides expert witness testimony as ordered / subpoenaed.
· Works with jails and community resources to attempt to restore competency to stand trial in the community for those found IST when this is appropriate per statute and psychiatric needs of the defendant.
A current Georgia license to practice as a Psychologist
*License may be temporary, provisional, or permanent*
· Current Georgia Psychologist License or license eligibility if licensed as a Psychologist in another state.
· At least two years' prior experience conducting competency to stand trial and / or criminal responsibility evaluations with an adult population. The experience can be inpatient or outpatient.
· Strong psychological testing skills related to the assessment of malingering and cognitive impairment.
· Excellent written communication skills.
(2) Vacant Positions
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 19 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at Georgia Regional Hospital of Atlanta in Atlanta (Decatur), Georgia.
A sprawling metropolis of over four million people today, metro Atlanta has the vibrancy of the world’s great urban centers combined with the Southern charm of small town centers such as Roswell and Decatur. Here you’ll find historic sites from the Civil War through the Civil Rights era, as well as world-class shopping, entertainment, and nightlife.
Come to Georgia's capital city and experience first-hand our historic charm and hospitality.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Adult Outpatient Forensic Psychologist If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.