> Job Listings
> Job Description
Work Therapy Coordinator/Director
Open only to DBHDD employees
East Central Regional Hospital, located in Augusta Georgia, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Work Therapy Coordinator / Director to be assigned to the Augusta Campus.
East Central Regional Hospital is a state operated facility with two campuses, Augusta and Gracewood.
The Augusta campus is a psychiatric hospital that provides care to people with severe and persistent mental illness. The Augusta campus also provides Forensic services. There are treatment units and malls, activity areas, administrative and support buildings on a 310 acre campus.
The Gracewood campus is an ICF/MR and Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) that provides care and services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Gracewood consists of living areas, activity areas, administrative and support buildings spread over a 420 acre campus.
Job Description, Responsibilities, Standards, and Qualifications
Plans, manages, and evaluates social services programs. Identifies and coordinates resources. Administers and coordinates the services and program activities in dependency, mental illness, youth development, or physical or developmental disability programs. Supervises and plans work of assigned staff.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
· Supervises and plans work of assigned staff
· Manages human resource and employee relations functions
· Establishes and maintains relationships with other agencies and organizations in the community in order to meet community needs and prevent duplication of services
· Evaluates the provision and quality of recommended services to assure compliance with program requirements and policies
· Guides and oversees the distribution of resources
· Identifies and/or manages grants, contracts, and other facets associated with the programs
· Identifies training needs and ensures that necessary job-related instruction is provided to employees
· Implements, coordinates, monitor and evaluate social services programs
· Manages and participates in the development of the program budget
· Organizes community stakeholders and resources to identify proactive and effective solutions
· Oversees facilities management operations
· Participates in the determination of organizational policies regarding such issues as participant eligibility, program requirements and program benefits
· Provides policy and/or management guidance to representatives of the programs
· Troubleshoots day-to-day operational and consumer-related problems or issues
Sample Technical Competencies:
· Ability to design, evaluate and manage programs.
· Ability to work with community stakeholders to identify the needs of target population and develop solutions.
· Ability to establish and/or sit on committees and advisory boards.
· Ability to provide guidance and direction in the development of policies and procedures of area specific program.
· Ability to manage contracts and grants.
· Ability to answer staff and customer questions.
· Ability to supervise and delegate assignments.
Bachelor's degree in a related field and five years of related experience with at least three of those years in a supervisory role Or Master's degree in a related field And three years of related experience with at least one year in a supervisory role Or One year at the lower level (SSP032) or position equivalent Note: Some positions require eligibility for licensure.
· One year of experience supervising client-directed service programs.
· Any combination or experience and training relative to providing therapy in work therapy programs to include supervising client-directed service programs as well as procedures and training for persons with physical developmental, mental health and substance abuse disabilities.
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 16 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at East Central Georgia Regional Hospital in Augusta, Georgia.
While Augusta is known worldwide for the Masters® and the coveted green jacket, you'll find that Georgia's second-oldest and second-largest city - also known as the "Garden City" of the South - is full of history, atmosphere, Southern charm, and activities to engage everyone's interest.
Discover the historic charm of the classic South with Augusta's tree-lined streets and majestic antebellum mansions. Enjoy dozens of shops and restaurants, cultural attractions and entertainment. Meander along the banks of the Savannah River as you stroll Riverwalk Augusta. Canoe the river or the adjacent Augusta Canal.
Whatever your interest, you'll find something to satisfy it in Augusta.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Work Therapy Coordinator/Director If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.