> Job Listings
> Job Description
Financial Operations Specialist
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) is currently seeking candidates for the position of Financial Operations Specialist in Patient Accounts at Georgia Regional Hospital - Atlanta, located in Decatur, GA.
Oversees and performs advanced-level finance, accounting and fiscal control functions. Oversees financial and strategic planning, accounting, and financial systems development. Assesses pending legislation, performs complex research, and makes financial recommendations to management. Supervises and plans work of assigned staff.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
· Supervises and plans work of assigned staff
· Compiles and prepares complex reports and financial plans
· Coordinates all components to ensure consistent reporting and adherence to federal and state financial reporting regulations and guidelines
· Directs the operation, implementation and maintenance of financial systems or equipment (ie toll booths and related electronics, fiscal information systems, bookkeeping or recording systems, cash registers or terminals, etc)
· Ensures compliance of all assigned functions with laws, rules and program regulations
· Examines documents to determine degree of risk from such factors as financial standing, value and condition of property
· Examines entries, statements, expenditures, taxes and other accounting and financial records, documents and systems of an individual, agency or other establishments to ensure financial accuracy
· Oversees the planning and development of systems and data in support of claims and policy management
· Supervises the examination, monitoring and development of financial program data, financial records, and related policies, systems and processes
Completion of an associate degree from an accredited college or university And Four years of professional experience in a related area OR Six years of professional experience in general accounting, billing and collection systems, and/or claims, two of which were in a lead worker role OR Completion of a Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in a related area AND Two years of professional experience in a related area.
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 14 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at Georgia Regional Hospital of Atlanta in Atlanta (Decatur), Georgia.
A sprawling metropolis of over four million people today, metro Atlanta has the vibrancy of the world’s great urban centers combined with the Southern charm of small town centers such as Roswell and Decatur. Here you’ll find historic sites from the Civil War through the Civil Rights era, as well as world-class shopping, entertainment, and nightlife.
Come to Georgia's capital city and experience first-hand our historic charm and hospitality.
In addition to emailing your cover letter and resume as instructed below, to be considered for this position, please also click on the link below and provide the information requested:
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Financial Operations Specialist If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.