> Job Listings
> Job Description
Georgia Regional Hospital is seeking qualified candidates for HR Assistant. This position is located in Human Resources Office at 1915 Eisenhower Drive, Savannah, GA 31406.
We will accept cover letters and resumes for this position until close of business on 4/4/2014.
This position is the FIRST POINT OF CONTACT for the HR Office and provides clerical support to the entire HR office, as well as the Senior HR Manager. This position is also responsible for key duties which help make the HR office efficient and successful. Will provide customer service to walk-in visitors as well as HR staff members in the office. Will be responsible for front desk reception area to include assisting customers at the lobby computer terminals. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- HR lobby area reception and assistance (e.g. greets customers; answers 3 incoming lines; assist employees who need to use the HR computers for resumes, employee self-service, basic assistance, change of direct deposit, address updates, hospital campus clearance/exit process, and other work related reasons; supports and assists all visitors who come in to the office or routes them to the appropriate person).
- Assists, and provides high level administrative support to all functions of the office (e.g. Operations/Payroll, Benefits/WC/LOA, ER, Recruitment/Selection, and the HR Manager)--Assists with all special projects, ad-hoc reports and assignments, does research, assists with major events like hiring fairs, and HR initiatives to support the HR Manager and others in the office.
- Back-up recorder and valued administrative support for the local HR Function Team. This team was created years ago to ensure the hospitals compliance with HR standards, support Employee Morale and Services, and other special projects of an HR nature. This position occasionally assists with the following for the team (e.g. sends and follows up on action items for the team, acts on behalf of the team as needed, keeps minutes and prepares for meeting with handouts and other materials, supports the HR Manager since the HR Manager is the chairman of this group, etc.).
- Request supplies from Procurement as needed with approval of the HR Manager. Ensures the HR office always an adequate amount of supplies and materials to function. Also, sends and follows-up on work orders and other requests for assistance from maintenance and IT.
- Responsible for filing, and maintains all position files, ER files, and personnel and related records/files for the local DBHDD HR office. Establishes and maintains filing and record keeping systems in support of program operation and assists with annual archiving projects.
- Assists with recruitment/selection functions as/if needed: registering applicants and others for Cogent Background Check processing. Checks the Cogent website weekly to ensure applicants went, and to update our background check log, files/maintains the background check files as needed. Assists with pre-employment processing to include: sending for drug testing, completion of paperwork, assist with putting together new personnel files and e-verify as needed. Assists Recruiter and Technician as needed if additional help is needed to quickly process and hire staff. Prepares paperwork and maintains log of new employees sent for drug screening also ensures paperwork is sent monthly to central office for processing.
- Will also provide administrative support for Compensation/Position Management related requests.
- Will assist with coordinating and arranging training sessions for the HR office (i.e. Recruitment/Selections, New DBHDD Supervisor 1-1 with HR Manager, Employee Relations, and other sessions this office sponsors).
- Generates name/identification badges for this campus.
- Other duties as assigned to assist with carrying out the mission of the HR Department and our key areas: Talent Acquisition, Orientation/On-Boarding, Aligning Rewards, Performance Management, Employee Relations and Training, Talent Management/Planning, Change Management and Customer service.
Save resume in word doc before attaching it and email to address listed below, including position title in the subject line for quicker processing. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
High school diploma or GED and two years of related experience OR One year at the lower level or at an equivalent position OR Two years of college or Associate degree.
Experience working as the First Point of Contact in a reception area of a busy office. At least 3 years experience providing administrative/clerical support in an office environment. Experience answering multiple phone lines. Experience in a Human Resources office is preferred, but not required. Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills, and organizational skills. Must have strong computer skills with advanced working knowledge of the following: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet. PeopleSoft and Kronos experience is preferred, but not required.
In addition to a competitive salary (Salary Depends On Skills And Experience), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 10 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at Georgia Regional Hospital at Savannah in Savannah, Georgia.
Since opening in 1970, GeorgiaRegional Hospital at Savannah (GRHS) has stood as a beacon of hope for consumers in need of mental health, developmental disability and addictive disease services in the southeast region of the state of Georgia.
Savannah, Georgia's First City is first, in family fun for the summer! With more than 50 cultural and historic attractions, there are plenty of museums, galleries, great entertainment and tours to keep busy and beat the heat!
Come join our team of professional staff and make a difference.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: HR Assistant If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.