> Job Listings
> Job Description
Forensic Community Monitor
Georgia Regional Hospital at Savannah is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Forensic Community Monitor.
Provides technical assistance and training within a health care specialty. Plans, directs, and implements a specialty program. Evaluates programs for compliance with state and/or federal guidelines. Serves as team leader and may supervise lower level staff.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
· Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision
· Serves as job expert or organization resource in assigned areas
· Serves as project or team leader
· Assesses needs of target population
· Assists fiscal officers with budget preparation and monitoring
· Compiles reports of findings and submits in appropriate format
· Coordinates program with other health care providers/organizations to promote optimal implementation of program services
· Determines communication strategy for field staff
· Develops long- and short-term objectives and plans for the program
· Develops policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines for the program
· Monitors, assesses and evaluates program to determine compliance with state and/or federal guidelines and progress in meeting established goals
· Plans, coordinates, and implements educational and training programs within the specialty
· Provides technical assistance and advice to develop, implement, and improve programs related to specialty
· Research and recommend best practices
· Research, prepare, and submit grant applications
· Reviews and interprets state and federal regulations related to the program
Sample Technical Competencies:
· Ability to complete an assessment to determine target audience's needs
· Ability to implement programs
· Ability to evaluate programs for quality and effectiveness
· Ability to develop and/or modify service plans and contracts
· Ability to identify training and educational needs of staff and target population
· Ability to evaluate, motivate and mentor staff
Bachelor's degree in a related field and five years experience performing work related to area of assignment Or Master's degree in a related field and two years experience performing work related to area of assignment Or One year at the lower level or position equivalent. Note: Some positions may require licensure
Licensed mental health professional or license-eligible in Georgia (i.e., LPC, LCSW). Experience witih transitional and community services for individuals with persistent mental illness or developmental disabilities, OR Master's level [may be all but dissertation (ABD)], licensure as social worker or mental health counselor preferred; experience providing case management/ regular monitoring of insanity acquittees in the community; experience facilitating competency to stand trial remediation in the community.
In addition to a competitive salary (Salary Depends On Skills And Experience), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 15 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at Georgia Regional Hospital at Savannah in Savannah, Georgia.
Since opening in 1970, GeorgiaRegional Hospital at Savannah (GRHS) has stood as a beacon of hope for consumers in need of mental health, developmental disability and addictive disease services in the southeast region of the state of Georgia.
Savannah, Georgia's First City is first, in family fun for the summer! With more than 50 cultural and historic attractions, there are plenty of museums, galleries, great entertainment and tours to keep busy and beat the heat!
Come join our team of professional staff and make a difference.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Forensic Community Monitor If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.