> Job Listings
> Job Description
Performance Improvement Specialist
West Central Georgia Regional Hospital is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Performance Improvement Specialist (please visit http://www.wcgrh.org/ for more information about the hospital).
Performs data analysis and prepares presentations and/or publications of findings for the operation of a large or complex project, system, program, agency or function. Conducts organizational studies and evaluations, conducts work simplifications and measurement studies, and designs and administers surveys. Identifies barriers to quality services, compliance, or ineffective work processes, and creates plans, policies or regulations to assist management in operating more efficiently and effectively. May serve as team leader.
- Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Serves as job expert or organization resource in assigned areas
- Assists in the development of data quality tests to improve the accuracy of the survey data collected
- Collects and evaluates statistical data or reports to identify agency/program performance trends
- Conducts research, studies and analyses that frequently have statewide impact
- Defines data requirements and gathers and validates information, applying judgment and statistical tests
- May publish data, post pertinent data to web sites, or create related logs and records
- May serve as team leader for project teams and task forces involved in programmatic and operational research initiatives
- Organizes and tabulates data using a variety of techniques including database software spread sheets, statistical tables, charts and graphs
- Prepares models of problems for determination that relates constants and variables, restrictions, alternatives and their parameters
- Provides consultation and technical assistance on program issues
- Reviews and develops grant proposals. Oversees various aspects of grant administration. (Performed by some incumbents)
- Maintains a consistent, high quality, customer-focused orientation when conducting business and providing services or products to clients, the general public and other external customers. (Performed by all incumbents)
- Creates and maintains a high performance environment characterized by positive leadership and a strong team orientation. (Performed by some incumbents)
- Skill in using relevant computer software
- Ability to use job-specific tools to review data
- Ability to prepare reports tailored to the agencies' needs
- Ability to acquire needed data
- Ability to combine information from separate databases
- Knowledge of departments' operating procedures
- Ability to gather and analyze data through on site reviews
Completion of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university AND One year of related experience
One year of experience at the lower level or position equivalent (GSP011)
Five years of related experience
Preference will be given to candidates, who in addition to meeting the above qualifications also meet the following:
Master's degree in Healthcare Administration Management or a related Behavioral Health field
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Proficient computer skills to include experience with creating and maintaining databases
Experience working with Joint Commission, CMS, and other regulatory bodies
Five years' experience working in Quality Management to include strong skills in data trending and analysis
In addition to a competitive salary (See Statewide Salary Pay at this link: http://dbhddjobs.com/files/StatewideSalaryPlanAnnual2009.pdf), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 15 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at West Central Georgia Regional Hospital in Columbus, Georgia.
Columbus, Georgia is an authentic Rivertown. The gently rolling waters of the Chattahoochee have provided food, energy, employment, and recreation for the citizens of Columbus throughout the years.
Today, the river is home to the 12-mile path known as the Chattahoochee Riverwalk. The Riverwalk provides an excellent facility to bike, in-line skate, jog, or just take a leisurely stroll and enjoy the scenery. The river is also home to the Chattahoochee Princess Riverboat, an authentic 1880's era paddlewheel riverboat, and the Coca-Cola Space Science Center, the first in Georgia and one of only 32 in the United States.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: WCGRHJobs@dbhdd.ga.gov
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Performance Improvement Specialist If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.