> Job Listings
> Job Description
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) is currently seeking candidates for the position of Laboratory Director at Georgia Regional Hospital - Atlanta, located in Decatur, GA.
Responsible for the overall day-to-day operation of the laboratory. Manages and directs the functions of the laboratory. Oversees and coordinates lab activities and programs. Monitors quality assurance. Establishes laboratory process and procedures. Directs subordinate supervisors.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
· Develops and conducts research projects which enhance overall quality of the assigned specialized section
· Develops, maintains, and enforces laboratory quality assurance practices
· Directs laboratory-testing procedures
· Enforces and maintains laboratory safety policy
· Interviews, hires, directs, trains, evaluates the performance of, and when necessary, disciplines and discharges laboratory employees
· Maintains knowledge and skill in the latest methodology, techniques, proficiency testing, and instrumentation for the laboratory
· Manages assigned budgets
· Manages human resources and directs administrative activities for laboratory employees
· Participates in annual budget process
· Performs analyses, interprets results, and conveys and presents laboratory information in a clear and concise manner
· Protects the chain of custody on all evidence processed
· Supervises and coordinates all laboratory maintenance.
Sample Technical Competencies:
1. Ability to demonstrate the principles of supervision, training and performance evaluation
2. Knowledge of agency specific rules, policies, and laboratory operational procedures
3. Ability to monitor and assure proper performance of all testing and reporting by lab staff
4. Knowledge of principles, techniques and practices in scientific area related to agency
5. Ability to develop work performance standards, schedule and assign work, develop priorities, evaluate employees against performance standards and provide improvement plans when necessary
Completion of a bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in a specific discipline AND Two years of supervisory experience in a laboratory setting OR Two years of experience at the lower level or position equivalent OR Bachelor's degree in a related discipline AND five years of related experience.
Master's degree in a clinical laboratory science, medical technology, or in a chemical, physical, or biological science.
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 16 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at Georgia Regional Hospital of Atlanta in Atlanta (Decatur), Georgia.
A sprawling metropolis of over four million people today, metro Atlanta has the vibrancy of the world’s great urban centers combined with the Southern charm of small town centers such as Roswell and Decatur. Here you’ll find historic sites from the Civil War through the Civil Rights era, as well as world-class shopping, entertainment, and nightlife.
Come to Georgia's capital city and experience first-hand our historic charm and hospitality.
ADDITIONAL STEP: To be considered for this position, please also click on the link below and provide the information requested:
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: GRHAJobs@dhr.state.ga.us
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Laboratory Director If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.