> Job Listings
> Job Description
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Billing Generalist at Georgia Regional Hospital - Atlanta, located in Decatur, GA.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
- Develops reports as needed
- Plans, develops, tracks and documents patient/client billing and collection activities
- Prepares, distributes, receives and/or processes itemized statements, bills or invoices; documents amounts due, amounts paid or delinquent amounts for items purchased or services rendered
- Researches/resolves problematic transactions
- Reviews documents, such as purchase orders, sales tickets, charge slips or hospital records in order to compute fees and charges due
- Verifies and processes vendor invoices and payment information
Sample Technical Competencies:
- Ability to process payments and/or refunds in accordance with established guidelines
- Knowledge of billing system and procedures
- Ability to use appropriate software
- Ability to create and/or maintain reports
- Knowledge of basic accounting and bookkeeping processes
High School Diploma or GED AND Two years of customer service experience in an office environment
Preference will be given to those who, in addition to meeting the above qualifications, also possess the following:
- 1 year experience in patient billing or one year as an Accounting Clerk or completions of a course of study in Office Technology or Medical Billing at a technical college.
- Microsoft Office Suites experience.
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 11 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at Georgia Regional Hospital of Atlanta in Atlanta (Decatur), Georgia.
A sprawling metropolis of over four million people today, metro Atlanta has the vibrancy of the world’s great urban centers combined with the Southern charm of small town centers such as Roswell and Decatur. Here you’ll find historic sites from the Civil War through the Civil Rights era, as well as world-class shopping, entertainment, and nightlife.
Come to Georgia's capital city and experience first-hand our historic charm and hospitality.
Applying for this position requires two (2) steps. Please be sure to complete both steps in order to be considered.
- Click on the long link below, complete the summary information form and submit.
- Email your resume and cover letter to the email address listed below.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: GRHAjobs@dhr.state.ga.us
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Billing Generalist If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.