Nurse Manager (RN)
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Nurse Manager at East Central Regional Hospital located in Augusta, GA.
Plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for a unit or shift. Ensures that staff assess client health problems and needs, develop and implement nursing care plans, and maintain medical records. Oversees the provision and quality of nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled clients. Advises clients on health maintenance and disease prevention or provide case management. Supervises and plans work of assigned staff.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
- Supervises and plans work of assigned staff
- Administers prescribed medications or starts intravenous fluids, and notes times and amounts on clients' charts
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate client care plans
- Maintains accurate, detailed reports and client records
- Modifies client treatment plans as indicated by clients' responses and conditions
- Monitors all aspects of client care, including diet and physical activity
- Monitors, records and reports symptoms and changes in clients' conditions
- Observes nurses and visits clients to ensure that proper nursing care is provided
- Prepares clients for, and assists with, examinations and treatments
- Prepares rooms, sterile instruments, equipment and supplies, and ensures that stock of supplies is maintained
- Provides education to client and family
- Provides health care, first aid, immunizations and assistance in convalescence and rehabilitation
Sample Technical Competencies:
- Ability to assess, plan for, and provide basic nursing skills; knows procedures including developing, implementing and revising plan of care
- Knowledge of nursing policies, procedures, protocols, treatments, standards of care and nurse practice act
- Knowledge of the procedures for medication administration and can administer oral, sublingual and IV medications; knowledge of pharmacology
- Knowledge of immunization regulations and protocols
- Ability to perform CPR and for some sites, AED
- Skills in supervision/leadership, including team leadership, performance management, training/teaching, decision making and delegation; knowledge of employee job classifications and responsibilities
- Ability to plan for unit needs
Positions available on the following units:
(Please indicate area of interest in subject line of email)
Camellia Unit on Gracewood Campus
Skilled Nursing Unit on Augusta Campus
Forensics Unit on Augusta Campus
Current Georgia license to practice as a registered professional nurse AND Two or more years of experience in a managerial, supervisory or leadership role
Preference will be given to those who, in addition to meeting the above qualifications, also possess the following:
- 5 years experience with history of managerial, charge nurse or supervisory experience
- Experience with developing nursing schedules and the maintenance of core staffing pattern
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 15 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at East Central Georgia Regional Hospital in Augusta, Georgia.
While Augusta is known worldwide for the Masters® and the coveted green jacket, you'll find that Georgia's second-oldest and second-largest city - also known as the "Garden City" of the South - is full of history, atmosphere, Southern charm, and activities to engage everyone's interest.
Discover the historic charm of the classic South with Augusta's tree-lined streets and majestic antebellum mansions. Enjoy dozens of shops and restaurants, cultural attractions and entertainment. Meander along the banks of the Savannah River as you stroll Riverwalk Augusta. Canoe the river or the adjacent Augusta Canal.
Whatever your interest, you'll find something to satisfy it in Augusta.
In addition to emailing your cover letter and resume as instructed below, to be considered for this position, please click on this link and provide the information requested:
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: RNjobsEC@dhr.state.ga.us
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Nurse Manager (RN) If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.