> Job Listings
> Job Description
Occupational Therapist/Part Time
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Occupational Therapist at Georgia Regional Hospital, located in Decatur, GA.
Assess, plan, organize, and participate in rehabilitative programs that improve mobility, relieve pain, increase strength, and decrease or prevent deformity of patients suffering from disease or injury. Helps patient in restoring vocational, homemaking, and daily living skills, as well as general independence, to disabled persons.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
- Administers manual exercises, massage and/or traction to help relieve pain, increase the client's strength, and decrease or prevent deformity and crippling
- Confers with the client, medical practitioners and appropriate others to plan, implement and assess the treatment program
- Develops and participates in health promotion programs, group activities, or discussions to promote client health, facilitate social adjustment, alleviate stress, and prevent physical or mental disability
- Evaluates the effects of treatment at various stages and adjusts treatments to achieve maximum benefit
- Helps clients improve decision-making, abstract reasoning, memory, sequencing, coordination and perceptual skills, using computer programs
- Instructs client and family in treatment procedures to be continued at home, including recommending changes in clients' work or living environments
- Plans, prepares and carries out individually designed rehabilitative treatment programs
- Records prognosis, treatment, response, and progress in client's chart or enters information into computer and produce reports
- Tests and evaluates clients' physical and mental abilities and analyzes medical data to determine diagnosis and realistic rehabilitation goals for clients
Sample Technical Competencies:
- Ability to apply the principles, methods and techniques in developing programs of treatment and rehabilitation
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, and the effects of massage and therapeutic exercise
- Ability to evaluate a client's physical, cognitive and emotional function levels
- Knowledge of various disabilities and appropriate evaluation and treatment options
- Ability to plan and direct client treatment programs
Current or eligible for Georgia licensure in area of assignment
- Licensed Occupational Therapist
- Hold current state license
- Mental Health and Skilled Nursing Experence
/ hour. This is an hourly position with no benefits associated.
This position is located at Georgia Regional Hospital of Atlanta in Atlanta (Decatur), Georgia.
A sprawling metropolis of over four million people today, metro Atlanta has the vibrancy of the world’s great urban centers combined with the Southern charm of small town centers such as Roswell and Decatur. Here you’ll find historic sites from the Civil War through the Civil Rights era, as well as world-class shopping, entertainment, and nightlife.
Come to Georgia's capital city and experience first-hand our historic charm and hospitality.
ADDITIONAL STEP: To be considered for this position, please also click on the link below and provide the information requested:
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to:
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Occupational Therapist/Part Time If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.