> Job Listings
> Job Description
Client Support Worker (AL)/On-site Manager - Community Integration Home
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) is seeking qualified candidates for Client Support Worker (Advanced Level)/On-site Manager at Southwestern State Hospital in Thomasville, Georgia
Assists with daily living activities at the person's home, in a daytime non-residential facility or a residential facility; Observes and monitors clientÂ¿s behavior and charts observations and incidents; Provides training of basic personal and social skills, simple academics, or work skills to consumers/students in a state school, hospital, juvenile detention facility, residence, group home, workshop, or supported employment environment; May assist with meal preparation, ensuring or encouraging client group activity, providing transportation, and/or limited case management; Performs lead worker functions to include assigning and reviewing subordinates work.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
· Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision
· Serves as job expert or organization resource in assigned areas
· Performs lead worker functions including assigning and reviewing subordinates' work
· Arranges for needed medical care and provides needed services to assure that medical care is obtained
· Assists in presentation of educational group lectures related to appropriate topics
· Assists with the development of an individual service/treatment plan for each assigned consumer/student
· Cares for individuals and families during periods of incapacitation, family disruption or convalescence, providing companionship, personal care, and help in adjusting to new lifestyles
· Counsels and advises clients on behavioral problems, daily decision-making, and the resolution of minor problems
· Instructs and advises clients/residents on daily living skills in one-on-one or group instruction
· Observes and monitors client behavior
· Participates in case reviews, consulting with the team to evaluate the client's needs and plan for continuing services
· Performs housekeeping duties, such as cleaning, washing clothes and dishes, and running errands
· Plans, shops for, and prepares meals, including special diets, and assists families in planning, shopping for, and preparing nutritious meals
· Prepares and maintains records of client progress and services performed, reporting changes in client condition to manager or supervisor
· Provides direction to other staff, volunteers etc in providing discipline and instruction to participants
· Provides transportation for clients/residents to appointments and activities
2:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Community Integration Home
NOTE: Applicants should pay particular attention to the application process listed at the bottom of this posting. Failure to follow them, as directed, may prevent or delay consideration for this vacancy.
Job seekers are encouraged to apply without delay. This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
Due to the volume of applications/resumes received, we are unable to provide information on the status of your application by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Only selected applicants will be contacted for follow up. Applicants who are not selected will not be contacted.
· Two years experience providing social or direct care services to groups of special needs individuals in a human services setting OR
· Associate degree in a related field and one year of related experience OR
· Bachelor's degree in a related field OR
· One year experience at the lower level or position equivalent
Travel Required - Must have:
· Valid Georgia driver's license
· Acceptable MVR record and
· Meet the requirements for operating a state-owned vehicle: must be 21 years of age and have a minimum of 3 years driving experience.
· Experience working with adult dually diagnosed forensic population
· CNA or skilled nursing experience
· Supervisory experience
· Computer/technology skills
In addition to a competitive salary ($20,039.02 - 35,061.61), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 9 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at Southwestern State Hospital in Thomasville, Georgia.
More than a century ago, Thomasville was celebrated as one of the most fashionable places in the world to visit. During the Victorian era, many wealthy northern socialites and pleasure seekers traveled by rail to enjoy Thomasville as their grand winter resort. Attracted to the genteel life of south Georgia, many made Thomasville their winter home and built "grand winter cottages". Although this era quickly faded in the early 1900s, more than fifty of these grand historic homes still grace Thomasville's streets.
Thomasville, in southwest Georgia and on the Florida border, is home to both the second largest Farmer’s Market in the state and three Fortune 500 companies.
Applying for this position requires two (2) steps. Please be sure to complete both steps in order to be considered.
- Click on the long link below, complete the summary information form and submit.
- Email your resume and cover letter to the email address listed below.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Client Support Worker (AL)/On-site Manager - Community Integration Home If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.