> Job Listings
> Job Description
Regional Hospital Administrator - Cook Building
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health & Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Regional Hospital Administrator for the Cook Building located on the campus of Central State Hospital in Milledgeville, Georgia.
- Under broad supervision, the Regional Hospital Administrator plans and directs the operation of the Cook Building, a 187 bed Forensic Psychiatric facility on the campus of Central State Hospital
- Provides leadership in the interpretation and discharge of the mission, vision and values of the Department of Behavioral Health & Developmental Disabilities
- Directs and reviews the work of subordinate managers
- Develops, coordinates and manages service programs, administrative, financial, and support functions and develops policies and procedures to ensure facility is in compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Directs the planning, development and implementation of consumer care services
Bachelors degree in a related field and three years experience performing management responsibilities in a health care services environment
Masters degree in Hospital Administration, Psychology, Social Work or a closely related social, behavioral or a related health field and two years experience performing management responsibilities in a health care services environment
Doctorate degree in a related field and one year experience performing management responsibilities in a health care services environment
Two years at the lower level or position equivalent
NOTE: Some positions may require certification or licensure
Preference will be given to candidates who, in addition to meeting the qualifications listed above, possess the following:
- Masters/Ph.D. Psychologist with an MBA or MHA degree
- Five years of administrative and management experience in an inpatient healthcare setting or institution for the treatment of the mentally ill or developmentally disabled, which must have included responsibility for directing a program of patient care and treatment services. Experience must also include at least two years of executive level management of budgets and programs of considerable size and complexity along with hospital administration experience
- Must have three years experience in forensic mental health services
- Previous experience as a manager for forensic health services desires
- Previous multiple site management experience
- Previous experience in the use of performance management techniques
- Knowledge of relevant laws, regulations and requirements of funding and accrediting organizations such as the Joint Commission and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Supervisory experience at a state DBHDD Hospital and/or community DBHDD program
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade N/A on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at Central State Hospital in Milledgeville, Georgia.
Central State Hospital was founded in 1842 and was Georgia's first psychiatric hospital. Its purpose was to provide a safe and humane place for the mentally ill and mentally retarded.
The medical complex encompasses about 1,000 acres. The hospital, a middle Georgia mental health/developmental disabilities/ substance abuse facility, serves 23 counties in middle Georgia and has specialty programs serving citizens from the entire state of Georgia. Central State Hospital is accredited by JCAHO and certified by Medicare.
Milledgeville is located in historic central Georgia only 95 miles southeast of downtown Atlanta.
Milledgeville, the 4th capital of Georgia, is one of only two planned capital cities in the United States - the other being Washington, DC.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Regional Hospital Administrator - Cook Building If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.