> Job Listings
> Job Description
Treatment Team Facilitator
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) is currently seeking candidates for the position of Treatment Team Facilitator at Georgia Regional Hospital - Atlanta, located in Decatur, GA.
Counsel with emphasis on prevention and/or behavior modification. Work with individuals and groups to promote optimum mental health. May help individuals deal with addictions and substance abuse; family, parenting, and marital problems; suicide; stress management; problems with self-esteem; and issues associated with aging and mental and emotional health. May serve as team leader and/or supervise lower level staff.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
· Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision
· Serves as job expert or organization resource in assigned areas
· Act as client advocate in order to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations
· Collect information about clients through interviews, observation, and tests
· Counsel clients in individual and group sessions to help them overcome dependencies, recover from illness, and adjust to life
· Develop and implement treatment plans based on clinical experience and knowledge
· Evaluate clients' physical or mental condition based on review of client information
· Maintain confidentiality of records relating to client's treatment
· May supervise professional staff and/or support level staff
· Monitor, evaluate, and record client progress according to measurable goals described in treatment and care plan
· Prepare and maintain all required treatment records and reports
Sample Technical Competencies:
1. Ability to communicate confidentiality policies
2. Ability to assemble test materials and makes appropriate arrangements for a test site
3. Ability to clearly explain test procedures to consumers
4. Ability to provide helpful input into determining appropriate tests for consumers
5. Ability to administer tests promptly and according to specific directions
6. Ability to develop and implement treatment/case plans
7. Ability to stand in as supervisor in his/her absence
Bachelors degree in related field AND Four years of related experience
Masters degree AND Two years of related experience
One year at the lower level or equivalent position
Note: Some positions may require certification or licensure
Preference will be given to those who, in addition to meeting the above qualifications, also possess the following:
- Masters degree in Counseling, Psychology, Special Education, Nursing or related field
- Certification as a Qualified Mental Health Professional
- 1 year of clinical experience
- Experience facilitating teams and writing treatment plans/recovery plans
- Familiarity with the Recovery concept
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 15 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at Georgia Regional Hospital of Atlanta in Atlanta (Decatur), Georgia.
A sprawling metropolis of over four million people today, metro Atlanta has the vibrancy of the world’s great urban centers combined with the Southern charm of small town centers such as Roswell and Decatur. Here you’ll find historic sites from the Civil War through the Civil Rights era, as well as world-class shopping, entertainment, and nightlife.
Come to Georgia's capital city and experience first-hand our historic charm and hospitality.
Applying for this position requires two (2) steps. Please be sure to complete both steps in order to be considered.
- Click on the long link below, complete the summary information form and submit.
- Email your resume and cover letter to the email address listed below.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: GRHAjobs@dhr.state.ga.us
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Treatment Team Facilitator If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.