> Job Listings
> Job Description
Food Service Operation Cook
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD), is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Food Service Operation Cook at Georgia Regional Hospital At Savannah (please visit www.garegionalsavannah.com for more information about the hospital). One full-time position available.
Prepare and cook food in hospital. Duties of the cook involve operating large/volume cooking. Must be ServSafe Certified.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
1. Performs duties related to the cooking, preparation and storage of food and beverage items following safe food handling practices. (Performed by all incumbents) Cooks and prepares food according to established procedures. Meets pre-established preparation schedules routinely. Maintains appropriate temperature of hot and cold foods prepared for serving. Stores food according to proper temperature guidelines in the appropriate area. Knowledge of interval temperature of all food items. Must be able to bake. Must be able to follow recipes, break down/calculate recipe into smaller or larger portion. Perform responsibilities independently.
2. Assists with the serving and distribution of food. Prepares and maintains the dining areas. (Performed by all incumbents) Prepares the serving line by setting up food and supplies in the correct area. Assists customers by quickly and effectively serving food in a pleasant, courteous and attractive manner. Follows safe food handling procedures to help ensure the health and safety of customers. Follows approved portion control guidelines in a routine manner. Replenishes food supplies and breaks down service area according to established guidelines. Arranges chairs and tables in the dining area according to directions. Places and removes condiments, napkins and other items on/from tables as instructed. Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality, service or accommodations. Unpack and stores supplies, raw and prepared food products.
3. Operates and maintains food service equipment and uses supplies appropriately. (Performed by all incumbents) Operate large/volume cooking equipment (grills, fryers, etc.) Reports maintenance needs immediately to supervisor. Demonstrates cost awareness in the use of property and of supplies. Operates and maintains equipment according to manufacturer's specifications and guidelines.
4. Maintains a safe, clean and sanitary work environment. Performs cleaning duties including washing and sanitizing pots, pans, dishes, trays and utensils. Cleans tables and chairs and removes trash. (Performed by all incumbents) Cleans equipment (mixer, fryer, grill, oven, etc.) after use and prepares equipment for re-use by the time of next shift. Cleans counter tops, sinks and floors after use and prepares for re-use according to established methods and procedures. Demonstrates knowledge of proper cleaning methods and uses the correct chemicals. Understands and demonstrates knowledge of sanitation and safety practices.
5. Effectively washes and scours all cooking utensils after each use.
6. Operates dishwashing equipment according to manufacturer's specifications and established guidelines.
When you send your resume saved in format compatible with MS Word 2007 version to the email address listed below, you must include in the subject line the hospital location and position title.
High School diploma/GED AND One year of experience in the area of assignment OR Completion of a vocational/technical school program in a related area i.e., culinary arts, restaurant management, cooking management OR One year of experience at the lower level or position equivalent
At least two years experience in food service as cook. Must be able to read, write and speak English language. Must be able to express self adequately in written and oral communication and communicate effectively with Supervisor and staff members. Possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure and weights using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Understand and follow recipes, equipment instructions and sanitation procedures. Basic knowledge of safety and cleanliness practices like those used in a food service operation. ServSafe certified.
In addition to a competitive salary (Salary Depends On Skills And Experience), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 8 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at Georgia Regional Hospital at Savannah in Savannah, Georgia.
Since opening in 1970, GeorgiaRegional Hospital at Savannah (GRHS) has stood as a beacon of hope for consumers in need of mental health, developmental disability and addictive disease services in the southeast region of the state of Georgia.
Savannah, Georgia's First City is first, in family fun for the summer! With more than 50 cultural and historic attractions, there are plenty of museums, galleries, great entertainment and tours to keep busy and beat the heat!
Come join our team of professional staff and make a difference.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Food Service Operation Cook If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.