> Job Listings
> Job Description
Food Service Operations Worker (AL)
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Food Service Operations Worker (AL) at Georgia Regional Hospital - Atlanta, located in Decatur, GA.
Works in the preparation, cooking, serving and distribution of food. Operates and maintains specialized food service equipment, and performs general facility and equipment sanitation maintenance in accordance with federal, state, and department guidelines. Serves as lead worker.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
· Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision
· Cleans work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware
· Cleans, peels, slices and trims foodstuffs using manual and electric appliances
· Conducts or assists with food supply requisitions and sanitation and maintenance inspections
· Coordinates the daily work schedule of cashiers with the cafeteria manager
· Monitors the cash registers and cashier's breaks
· Observes safety, sanitation and health rules and standards
· Portions food or places it directly on plates for service to facility residents, employees or patrons and packages takeout foods
· Prepares foods
· Receives payment for food items
· Replenishes supplies of food, condiments, and equipment at steam tables and service bars
· Serves as a lead worker to assigned food service workers
· Stores food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage
· Takes customers' orders and serves customers
· Trains workers in food preparation, and in service, sanitation, and safety procedures
· Unpacks and stores supplies, raw and prepared food products
Sample Technical Competencies:
1. Ability to operate a cash register and reconcile receipts and reports
2. Knowledge of the usage of food preparation equipment
3. Ability to understand and follow recipes, equipment instructions and sanitation procedures
4. Knowledge of food handling and preparation
5. Knowledge of health and sanitation rules
6. Ability to perform responsibilities independently
High School diploma/GED
One year experience in the area of assignment
Preference will be given to those who, in addition to meeting the above qualifications, also possess the following:
- At least six months experience as a lead or supervisor in a food service facility
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 8 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at Georgia Regional Hospital of Atlanta in Atlanta (Decatur), Georgia.
A sprawling metropolis of over four million people today, metro Atlanta has the vibrancy of the world’s great urban centers combined with the Southern charm of small town centers such as Roswell and Decatur. Here you’ll find historic sites from the Civil War through the Civil Rights era, as well as world-class shopping, entertainment, and nightlife.
Come to Georgia's capital city and experience first-hand our historic charm and hospitality.
ADDITIONAL STEP: To be considered for this position, please also click on the link below and provide the information requested:
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: GRHASVC@dhr.state.ga.us
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Food Service Operations Worker (AL) If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.