Asset Coordinator - IT
The person in this position will be responsible for analyzing user requirements, procedures and problems to automate business processes, upgrade or modify existing systems and review system-wide capabilities, workflow and scheduling limitations. The person in this position will also manage all GETS (Georgia Enterprise Technology Services) IT end user asset projects including, but not limited to, procurement, surplus/disposal, inventory, escalations, billing, refresh and transformation activities for 2 Peachtree Central and Regional Offices.
- Serve as lead for system implementations, upgrades and maintenance activities as needed for the GETS EUC projects
- Work with business owners to gather, document and maintain requirements
- Translate business requirements into functional specifications and designs
- Serve as a liaison between end-users and GETS Service providers
- Test new functionality, installations or upgrades
- Train end-user staff
- Monitor day-to-day end-user computing (EUC) and infrastructure activities for the Central and Regional offices
- Submit and track GETS service requests (incident tickets, change requests, break-fixes, etc) as appropriate
- Monitor and submit EUC and server requests for the organization
- Communicate constantly with the GETS service providers for Central Office needs and appropriate processes
- Report outstanding incidents in Weekly Customer Collaboration meetings
- Participate in Monthly Service Delivery meetings via conference and face-to-face Quarterly Service Delivery meetings to keep up-to-date on upcoming agency GETS initiatives and to address all GETS-related Central Office concerns
- Communicate updates with respective hospital/Central Office staff as appropriate
- Assist end-users in procuring EUC devices and monitor the EUC refresh and Refresh on Fall (ROF) processes
- Participate in training sessions related to GETS processes, procedures, upcoming initiatives, etc.
- Monitor surplus process and reports outstanding surplus requests for GETS billing dispute purposes
- Participate in test pilot groups and assist in acquiring testers for various EUC initiatives
- Assess EUC initiatives and EUC issues to assist end users
- Review and evaluate detailed monthly GETS hospital/Central Office bills for EUC errors and disputes any GETS charges that are in error
- Work closely with GTA Finance and the IT Service Delivery Unit to ensure accurate billing, disputes recorded and hospital/Central Office funding credited as scheduled
- Maintain Central Office asset inventory for GETS billing validations and asset accountability (audits)
- Work closely with Dell technicians to ensure assets are installed or moved within the Central Office
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelors degree in a related field and one year of related experience OR Associate degree/vocational certificate in a related field and three years of related experience OR one year of experience at the lower level or position equivalent
Note: Some positions may substitute experience for education on a year for year basis
Preference will be given to candidates who, in addition to meeting the qualifications listed above, possess the following:
- Performed in a business analyst role or performed responsibilities managing assets in a work environment
- Experience gathering requirements from business owners or end users
- Experience creating spreadsheets detailing asset information
- Experience testing new software
- Critical thinking and logical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely through written and verbal communications
- Ability to work as a team member and willingness to work on multiple projects
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 13 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located in downtown Atlanta.
A sprawling metropolis of over four million people today, metro Atlanta has the vibrancy of the world’s great urban centers combined with the Southern charm of small town centers such as Roswell and Decatur. Here you’ll find historic sites from the Civil War through the Civil Rights era, as well as world-class shopping, entertainment, and nightlife.
We're located across from Underground Atlanta. Parking is nearby as well as direct access to MARTA's rail and bus system.
Come to Georgia's capital city and experience first-hand our historic charm and hospitality.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Asset Coordinator - IT If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.