> Job Listings
> Job Description
Business Analyst - Information Technology
The person in this position is responsible for analyzing user requirements, procedures and problems to automate business processes, upgrade or modify existing systems and review system-wide capabilities, workflow and scheduling limitations
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Serve a key role for system implementations, upgrades and maintenance activities as needed for the Hospital Information Systems, Community Provider Applications and State Office Applications
- Work with business owners to gather, document and maintain requirements
- Translate business requirements into functional specifications and designs
- Serve as a liaison between business owners and technical staff
- Consult with vendors or technical staff to insure the functionality of system is consistent with adherence to laws and regulations
- Troubleshoot end user problems and coordinate with development staff as needed to resolve
- Responsible for test script development and execution
- Coordinate with users on system enhancements
- Test new functionality, installations or upgrades
- Train end user staff
Bachelors degree in a related field and one year of related experience OR Associate degree in a related field and three years of related experience OR two years at the lower level or equivalent
- Experience in a business analyst role or business analyst responsibilities for a software implementation or as part of system maintenance
- Experience gathering requirements from business owners
- Experience creating requirements documents, functional specifications and creating and executing test cases/scripts
- Data Mapping experience
- Ability to create data queries
- Critical thinking and logical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely through written and verbal communications
- Ability to work as a team members
- Ability and willingness to work on multiple projects
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 18 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located in downtown Atlanta.
A sprawling metropolis of over four million people today, metro Atlanta has the vibrancy of the world’s great urban centers combined with the Southern charm of small town centers such as Roswell and Decatur. Here you’ll find historic sites from the Civil War through the Civil Rights era, as well as world-class shopping, entertainment, and nightlife.
We're located across from Underground Atlanta. Parking is nearby as well as direct access to MARTA's rail and bus system.
Come to Georgia's capital city and experience first-hand our historic charm and hospitality.
Applying for this position requires two (2) steps. Please be sure to complete both steps in order to be considered.
- Click on the long link below, complete the summary information form and submit.
- Email your resume and cover letter to the email address listed below.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Business Analyst - Information Technology If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.