> Job Listings
> Job Description
Nurse Practitioner - Columbus
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD), is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Nurse Practitioner at West Central Georgia Regional Hospital (please visit http://www.wcgrh.org/ for more information about the hospital).
Provide healthcare services typically performed by a physician, under the supervision of a licensed physician. Conduct complete physicals, provide treatment, and counsel clients. May, in some cases, prescribe medication.
- Administers or orders diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests
- Develops comprehensive plans of care
- Develops comprehensive plan of care for clients. (Performed by all incumbents)
- Examines clients to obtain information about their physical condition
- Instructs and counsels clients about prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development, family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance
- Provides health education and instruction to individuals, families and classes for promotion and maintenance of health. (Performed by all incumbents)
- Interprets diagnostic test results for deviations from normal
- Makes tentative diagnoses and decisions about management and treatment of clients
- Provides acute/episodic health care. (Performed by all incumbents)
- Obtains compiles and records client medical data, including health history, progress notes and results of physical examination
- Implements an appropriate plan of contraceptive care with the client. (Performed by some incumbents)
- Performs therapeutic procedures, such as injections, immunizations, suturing and wound care, and infection management
- Prescribes therapy or medication with physician approval
- Visits and observes clients on hospital rounds or house calls, updating charts, ordering therapy, and reporting back to physician
- Coordinates services in various program areas through educating, monitoring and providing consultation to staff. (Performed by all incumbents)
- May supervise support and/or lower level employees
- Provides clients and public health nurses with instructions for emergency care. (Performed by all incumbents)
Completion of a PA training program of at least 24 months certified by the Accreditation Review Commission of the PA, ARC-PA
Bachelor's degree from a PA training program (ARC-PA certified) AND Certification to practice as a physician's assistant through the approval by the Composite State Board of Medical Examiners
A Master's degree from an accredited college or university in respective nursing field and a Current License to practice as APRN in Georgia in the specialty area. Psychiatric specialty area, requires a minimum of two years mental health experience; Medical specialty area requires a minimum of 4 years mental health experience.
If selected for hire, applicants must provide an official transcript before the date of hire.
Preference will be given to candidates, who in addition to meeting the above qualifications also meet the following:
In addition to a competitive salary (See Statewide Salary Pay at this link: http://dbhddjobs.com/files/StatewideSalaryPlanAnnual2009.pdf), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 17 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at West Central Georgia Regional Hospital in Columbus, Georgia.
Columbus, Georgia is an authentic Rivertown. The gently rolling waters of the Chattahoochee have provided food, energy, employment, and recreation for the citizens of Columbus throughout the years.
Today, the river is home to the 12-mile path known as the Chattahoochee Riverwalk. The Riverwalk provides an excellent facility to bike, in-line skate, jog, or just take a leisurely stroll and enjoy the scenery. The river is also home to the Chattahoochee Princess Riverboat, an authentic 1880's era paddlewheel riverboat, and the Coca-Cola Space Science Center, the first in Georgia and one of only 32 in the United States.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: WCGRHJobs@dhr.state.ga.us
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Nurse Practitioner - Columbus If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.