> Job Listings
> Job Description
The Programmer Analyst III's role is to provide technical expertise to ensure applications are designed, developed and maintained in a manner that ensures high application availability and continuous business effectiveness. The Software Developer will work with teams of developers utilizing methodological techniques and strong communication skills
- Design, develop and deploy web-based applications and services that fuel core business processes
- Develop applications from detailed design specs
- Develop, enhance and support complex Java web applications in a multi-user environment
- Ability to work well in teams to proactively share knowledge, information, problems and solutions
- Utilize full life-cycle development and delivery of enterprise-class software solutions, using the latest technologies and platforms and the latest software development best practices and techniques, including design patterns, test-driven development and SOA frameworks
Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or a related field and three years of programming experience OR Certificate or Associate degree from an accredited program and four years of programming experience OR two years of experience at the lower level or position
- 3+ years work experience with Java development
- Bachelors degree
- Oracle Database
- Stored procedure programming
- Object Oriented Methodology experience
- Ability to work in a team environment (not a solo developer situation
- Enterprise Application Development experience
- Excellent Communication skills
- 1+ years work experience with Java Framework
- Full life cycle development
- 1+ year Crystal Reports development experience, .NET programming experience and SQL Server stored procedures experience
- XML experience
- Experience with CVS or other versioning system
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 17 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at Central State Hospital in Milledgeville, Georgia.
Central State Hospital was founded in 1842 and was Georgia's first psychiatric hospital. Its purpose was to provide a safe and humane place for the mentally ill and mentally retarded.
The medical complex encompasses about 1,000 acres. The hospital, a middle Georgia mental health/developmental disabilities/ substance abuse facility, serves 23 counties in middle Georgia and has specialty programs serving citizens from the entire state of Georgia. Central State Hospital is accredited by JCAHO and certified by Medicare.
Milledgeville is located in historic central Georgia only 95 miles southeast of downtown Atlanta.
Milledgeville, the 4th capital of Georgia, is one of only two planned capital cities in the United States - the other being Washington, DC.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Java Developer If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.