> Job Listings
> Job Description
Office Manager - Community Mental Health
This position will provide administrative management of the daily operations of Community Mental Health and supervise a staff of administrative support workers and delegate essential administrative support duties necessary to support the office. The person in this position will perform data analysis and prepare presentations and/or publications of findings for the operation of a large or complex project, system, program, agency or function.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Community Mental Health and other identified Directors within the office
- Assign and monitor clerical, administrative and secretarial responsibilities and tasks among office staff
- Ensure allocation of resources to enable task performance
- Coordinate office staff activities to ensure maximum efficiency
- Evaluate and manage administrative staff performance
- Interview and select administrative office staff positions when needed
- Organize orientation of new staff members in the Office of Community Mental Health
- Coach and identify training needs of administrative support team
- Design and implement organizational systems to effectively organize the office and needs of all programs within the office of Community Mental Health
- Establish procedures for record keeping of pertinent data, requests and other relevant information (i.e., travel arrangements, interpreter requests, other information)
- Ensure security and confidentiality of data and shared information
- Ensure office policies and procedures are being adhered to
- Analyze and monitor internal processes
- Implement procedural and policy changes to improve operational efficiency
- Prepare operational reports and schedules to ensure efficiency
- Monitor and maintain office supplies
- Review and approve office supply requisitions
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment
- Handle consumer inquiries and complaints' triage to ensure external and internal individuals are routed to the appropriate individuals. Problem solve issues that may arise
- Assist in the management of internal staff relations
- Research background data in preparation for meetings and conferences and provide supervisor(s) with appropriate resource information
- Ensure office products are kept in good condition and ensure compliance with utilization and troubleshoot with the appropriate vendors to address issues
- Perform job responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Serve as job expert or organization resource in assigned areas
Bachelors degree OR three years of work related experience
- Skill in using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Visio, etc.
- Ability to prepare reports tailored to the Office of Community Mental Health's needs
- Knowledge of applicable DBHDD policies and operating procedures
- Ability to evaluate and compare data
- Ability to acquire needed data, information in order to meet the requests made
- Previous supervisory experience
- Five years of related experience equivalent to executive administration or office manager responsibilities
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 12 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located in downtown Atlanta.
A sprawling metropolis of over four million people today, metro Atlanta has the vibrancy of the world’s great urban centers combined with the Southern charm of small town centers such as Roswell and Decatur. Here you’ll find historic sites from the Civil War through the Civil Rights era, as well as world-class shopping, entertainment, and nightlife.
We're located across from Underground Atlanta. Parking is nearby as well as direct access to MARTA's rail and bus system.
Come to Georgia's capital city and experience first-hand our historic charm and hospitality.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Office Manager - Community Mental Health If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.