> Job Listings
> Job Description
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and track individuals and produce corresponding tracking and status reports
- Reduce the average length of stay in hospitals, residential treatment centers or higher levels of care between the date of decision to step down individual to the date of subsequent placement
- Maintain working relationships with individual provider agencies to keep current on individual issues and new services
- Monitor individuals awaiting court proceedings to expedite the process
- Assist Regional Coordinator and Developmental Disability Regional Services Administrator to respond to individual/family issues
- Receive, research, resolve individual, family, support coordination and/or provider conflicts related to service delivery/placement
- Respond to various agencies inquiries related to individuals and service delivery
- Link individual/family to appropriate services
- Make recommendations for regional priorities and assist with the regional planning process
- Review and process exceptional rates requests from providers
- Approve pre-placement requests for all residential placements including receiving and reviewing for accuracy and completion, appropriate licensure and site specific number
- Maintain database of each approved site
- Receive, process and conduct provider applicant site inspections
- Attend discharge/transitional planning meetings for individuals in state hospitals when required
- Attend individual planning meeting as necessary to assist in conflict resolution related to service delivery
- Work with the Developmental Disability Regional Services Administrator to obtain appropriate placements for individuals in crisis
- Provide training on various topics to providers concerning service delivery design/utilization as requested
- Answer provider inquiries related to host home guidelines
- Maintain current knowledge of policies and procedures
Bachelors degree in a related field and four years of related experience, two of which as a supervisor or a lead worker OR Masters degree in a related field and two years of related experience, one of which as a supervisor or lead worker OR two years at the lower level or position equivalent
Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
Experience with with Behavioral Health/Developmental Disabilities
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 16 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located in the Region 4 Regional Office in Thomasville, Georgia.
More than a century ago, Thomasville was celebrated as one of the most fashionable places in the world to visit. During the Victorian era, many wealthy northern socialites and pleasure seekers traveled by rail to enjoy Thomasville as their grand winter resort. Attracted to the genteel life of south Georgia, many made Thomasville their winter home and built "grand winter cottages". Although this era quickly faded in the early 1900s, more than fifty of these grand historic homes still grace Thomasville's streets.
Thomasville, in southwest Georgia and on the Florida border, is home to both the second largest Farmer’s Market in the state and three Fortune 500 companies.
Come to Georgia and experience first-hand our historic charm and hospitality.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Case Expeditor If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.