> Job Listings
> Job Description
Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) is
seeking qualified candidates for Pharmacy
Technician at Southwestern State Hospital in Thomasville, Georgia
medications under the direction of a pharmacist. May measure, mix, label, and
record amounts and dosages of medications.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
- Adds measured drugs or nutrients to intravenous solutions under sterile conditions to prepare intravenous (IV) packs under pharmacist supervision
- Answers telephone, responding to questions or requests
- Assists customers by answering simple questions, locating items or referring them to the pharmacist for medication information
- Computes charges for medication and equipment dispensed to hospital clients
- Enters medical and demographic data into a computer and assists in production and preparation of reports (including billing information)
- Fills bottles with prescribed medications and types and affixes labels
- Mixes pharmaceutical preparations according to written prescriptions
- Prices and files prescriptions that have been filled
- Receives written prescription or refills requests and verifies that information is complete and accurate
- Supplies and monitors robotic machines that dispense medicine into containers, and labels the containers
- Transfers medication from vials to the appropriate number of sterile, disposable syringes, using aseptic techniques
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
NOTE: Applicants should pay particular attention to
the application process listed at the bottom of this posting. Failure to follow them, as directed, may
prevent or delay consideration for this vacancy.
Job seekers are encouraged to apply without delay. This position is subject to close at any time
once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
Due to the volume of applications/resumes received, we are unable to
provide information on the status of your application by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered,
but may not necessarily receive an interview.
Only selected applicants will be contacted for follow up. Applicants who are not selected will not be
School diploma AND Two years of experience working in a pharmacy OR Completion
of a college/technical school pharmacy training program or related program
(LPN, EMT, etc) Note: Must be a
registered Pharmacy Technician or eligible to receive registration.
Travel Required - Must have:
- Valid Georgia driver's license
- Acceptable MVR record and
- Meet the requirements for operating a state-owned vehicle: must be 21 years of age and have a minimum of 3 years driving experience.
Candidates will be considered that do not have all the Preferred Qualifications.
- Certified as a pharmacy technician by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
- Certified as a pharmacy technician by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA)
- Eligible to be certified as a pharmacy technician by Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
- Licensed as a Practical Nurse or Emergency Medical Technician or related medical professional
- Registered as a pharmacy technician with the Georgia State Board of Pharmacy
Based on Education and Experience / hour. This is an hourly position with no benefits associated.
This position is located at Southwestern State Hospital in Thomasville, Georgia.
More than a century ago, Thomasville was celebrated as one of the most fashionable places in the world to visit. During the Victorian era, many wealthy northern socialites and pleasure seekers traveled by rail to enjoy Thomasville as their grand winter resort. Attracted to the genteel life of south Georgia, many made Thomasville their winter home and built "grand winter cottages". Although this era quickly faded in the early 1900s, more than fifty of these grand historic homes still grace Thomasville's streets.
Thomasville, in southwest Georgia and on the Florida border, is home to both the second largest Farmer’s Market in the state and three Fortune 500 companies.
Applying for this position requires two (2) steps. Please be sure to complete both steps in order to be considered.
- Click on the long link below, complete the summary information form and submit.
- Email your resume and cover letter to the email address listed below.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Pharmacy Technician If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.