> Job Listings
> Job Description
Intake and Evaluation Manager - Cartersville
Under limited supervision of the DD Regional Service Administrator (RSA). The I&E Manager oversees the Intake and Evaluation process of the assigned regional system of community-based Developmental Disabilities Services. Oversees the regional system for eligibility determination for individuals seeking needed Developmental Disability Services. Monitors and ensures regional compliance of initial and re-certification assessments, Individual support plans (ISPs) and level of care reviews according to waiver policy standards of community development services, supervises Intake and Developmental Disability staff promotes customer satisfaction and assist with resolving stakeholders grievances, complaints and inquires.
Oversees the development and on-going management of the following Intake and Evaluation functions:
Management of screening eligibility:
- Manage intake process and responds to consumer needs in accordance with Department and Medicaid Waiver (NOW/ COMP) policies. The I&E Manager will manage eligibility applications from multiple sources for home-or-community based or IFC/ MR populations and support Department initiative in successfully transitioning people.
Ensures the Development of Assessment/ Evaluations:
- Responsible for managing Assessment/ Evaluation for current and new individuals which is responsive to the needs of the individual and family and assures that Department and waiver guidelines are followed for sufficient timely and eligibility determinations.
Oversee the Consultation, Technical Assistance and Training Functions:
- Assure that expertise staff provides consultation for specific provider issues and Develops and Plans training to agencies in the region.
Engages in Compliance Management of Documentation:
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive database for applicants and assure that assessment findings are translated to service plan recommendations and documented for the ISP process and maintains completion of documentation of records according to the Department and Medicaid waiver NOW/COMP policies.
State Fund and Prior Authorization Management:
- Provides supervision to Operational Analysts Management of the Waiver Information System and work in conjunction with State Office WIS/PA Manager and State Office Data Manager. Authorizes initial and re-certification ISPs and authorization approvals and tracking of renewals to prevent laps in authorization.
Supervises and Manages Staff:
- Supervises and plans work for assigned I&E staff and utilizes employee management strategies based upon department guidelines in assisting in staff recruitment processes.
Regional Program Development:
- Maintains constructive working relationships with individuals in services, families, supervisees, peer managers, provider organizations and other and other state agencies involved in program implementation. I&E Managers also provide guidance and direction in the development of policies and procedures consistent with DBHDD and DCH guidelines and coordinated project activities and performs research, evaluation and analysis of operational issues.
Completion of 90 quarter hours (60 sem hrs) at an accredited college or university AND Six years of related experience OR Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university AND Four years of related experience OR Masters degree from an accredited college or university AND Two years of related experience OR Four years of experience at the lower level or position equivalent Note: Experience in a related area may substitute for degree on a year by year basis.
Masters in one of the social sciences fields with 2 years of Developmental Disabilities Services and 2 years of management/ leadership experience, OR Bachelor's degree with 4 years experience in Developmental Disabilities Services 2 of which should be management/ leadership.
Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities.
Management, planning and design of effective community-based waiver programs for individuals with developmental disabilities
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 17 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located in the Region 1 in Cumming, GA.
Cumming, GA, is located approximately 40 miles north of Atlanta. Lake Lanier is a popular spot for boating, fishing, and other water activities. There are a number of campgrounds in the city including Bald Ridge Creek Park, Sawnee Park and Shady Grove Park. Also located near Cumming is the historical Mill Covered Bridge, built in 1906, which spans Settendown Creek.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Intake and Evaluation Manager - Cartersville If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.