> Job Listings
> Job Description
Behavioral Health - Licensing Specialist - Registered Nurse
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities is currently seeking qualified Registered Nurse candidates for the position of Behavioral Health Nurse Specialist.
This is a 10 hour per day 4 day work week position. Typically Monday - Thursday
To apply for this position you must follow the steps listed below in the Applying for this job section of this posting.
- Reviews Licensing applications from Adult, Children and Adolescent Crisis Stabilization Units throughout Georgia.
- Supports on-site licensing surveys by coordinating logistics, assisting with review of documents in accordance with state rules and regulations for Adult, Children and Adolescent Crisis Stabilization Units.
- Verifies Licensing credentials, documents and other requirements as submitted by providers and potential providers.
- Analyzes medical information from a "best practices" standard.
- Able to critically think when analyzing standards of care.
- Utilizes prior knowledge to track data through mapping of services and factual information with client outcomes.
- Coordinates and collaborates with team members on assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Assists in compiling and analyzing programmatic and operational data for the unit and as obtained from CSU providers.
- Supports professional team in preparing reports and timely correspondence to providers
- Coordinates and provides technical assistance to providers.
- Maintains records and correspondence of all licensing reviews for team.
- Works effectively and cooperatively with team members, regional staff and providers.
- Participates in planning meetings prior to licensing reviews and ongoing meetings with team members, regional staff and Crisis Stabilization Units.
- Assists in the development of licensure tools and administration of unit procedures.
- Incorporates knowledge of new trends and developments for CSU's and their interaction within the community of Behavioral Health Providers.
- Assists with provider evaluation projects.
- Extensive in-state travel to review licensing requirements, conduct trainings and/or provide technical assistance to existing providers, new providers, and other stakeholders as needed.
- Attends educational and professional meetings for continuing education.
- Assists with policy and standards as it relates to the Georgia Crisis Stabilization System for Providers.
- Participates in quality improvement activities for unit staff.
Associate degree in a related field and six years experience with at least two years in a supervisory position related to the area of assignment
Bachelor's degree in a related field and five years of related experience with at least two years in a supervisory position
Master's degree in a related field and three years of related experience with at least one year in a supervisory position
Two years experience at the lower level or a position equivalent (RCP062) Note: Some positions may require a certification or licensure Note: Some positions may require a valid driver's license
- Some Travel Required - must have:
- Valid Georgia driver's license
- Acceptable MVR record and
- Meet the requirements for operating a state-owned vehicle which are: Must be 21 years of age and have a minimum of 3 years driving experience.
- Registered Nurse with two years experience working with a dually diagnosed population (MH/Substance Abuse) plus a Master's Degree in nursing, education, social work, psychology, counseling or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Two years experience working with or planning, developing, delivering, implementing, coordinating and evaluating human service programs for those providing Behavioral Health services.
- Experience with the certification, licensing and/or accreditation processes.
- Intermediate-level skills in the use of computer applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint: experience with Access, Learning Management Systems or other database applications.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and writing skills, The ability to implement change in various settings, while working within the confines of established systems.
- Extensive evaluation and review work complimentary of team's skill set.
In addition to a competitive salary (Per Georgia Statewide Salary Plan), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 16 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located in downtown Atlanta.
A sprawling metropolis of over four million people today, metro Atlanta has the vibrancy of the world’s great urban centers combined with the Southern charm of small town centers such as Roswell and Decatur. Here you’ll find historic sites from the Civil War through the Civil Rights era, as well as world-class shopping, entertainment, and nightlife.
We're located across from Underground Atlanta. Parking is nearby as well as direct access to MARTA's rail and bus system.
Come to Georgia's capital city and experience first-hand our historic charm and hospitality.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Behavioral Health - Licensing Specialist - Registered Nurse If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.