> Job Listings
> Job Description
Georgia Regional Hospital at Savannah is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Housekeeper Team Leader. This position will work varied shifts.
Job Responsibilities & Performance:
- Clean and straightens assigned areas
- Collect, sort, launder transport and distribute linen when needed
- Make sure housekeepers maintain and stock equipment and supplies as needed
- Observes required safety precautions in disposing contaminated refuse properly
- Operates floor machines, hand tools and power cleaning equipment
- Participate in developing and presenting safety and cleaning precautions with staff
- Identify staff developmental needs and make sure needs are met through training
- Maintain knowledge of current trends and developments in the field and uses this knowledge to improve the quality of services provided by the department. (Performed by all incumbents)
- Identify staff development and assure needs are met through scheduling of in-service programs
- Develop and present in-service education to staff meetings.
- Make rounds regularly to assure cleanliness of assigned area and to assure work is performed according to established guidelines
- Schedule working with staff periodically
- Assist the housekeeping manager by supplying data from daily rounds
- Interact as a cooperative team member and teach by assisting in task occasionally.
- Be receptive to feedback from staff and other personnel
- Plan and organize regular and deep cleaning tasks when needed.
- Create and maintain a high level of performance by demonstrating a positive attitude and a good team leader.
One year of experience in area related activities OR one year experience at the lower level or position equivalent (FES040)
- Valid drivers license from the state in which candidate resides
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic Computer skills
- Physically able to lift 25-50 pounds and squat, stoop or bend as required for cleaning
- At least one year of experience
- Must have leadership skills and have experience managing 3 or more people
- Must have some basic knowledge of housekeeping, cleaning chemicals and how to operate some equipment used in cleaning.
In addition to a competitive salary (Salary Depends On Skills and Experience), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 6 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at Georgia Regional Hospital at Savannah in Savannah, Georgia.
Since opening in 1970, Georgia Regional Hospital at Savannah (GRHS) has stood as a beacon of hope for consumers in need of mental health, developmental disability and addictive disease services in the southeast region of the state of Georgia.
Savannah, Georgia's First City is first, in family fun for the summer! With more than 50 cultural and historic attractions, there are plenty of museums, galleries, great entertainment and tours to keep busy and beat the heat!
Come join our team of professional staff and make a difference.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to:
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Housekeeper Team Leader If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.