> Job Listings
> Job Description
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) is currently seeking candidates for the position of Teacher at Georgia Regional Hospital - Atlanta, located in Decatur, GA.
Develops curriculum, and presents lessons in subject areas to children or adult clients of a state educational, rehabilitation, health care or correctional facility. Adapts teaching and instructional methods or uses specialized techniques to individualize instruction. Develops individual instruction plans, provides instruction, completes reports and tutors students.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
· Develops appropriate instructional plans and utilizes appropriate materials
· Enforces administration policies and rules governing students
· Guides and counsels students with adjustment and/or academic problems, or special academic interests
· Maintains necessary reporting systems
· Observe and evaluate students' work to determine progress and make suggestions for improvement
· Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision
· Prepares and delivers progress reports
· Prepares lesson plans and laboratory exercises
· Presents instruction utilizing appropriate techniques
· Provides individual attention and assistance to meet the varied needs and abilities of students
· Serves as job expert or organization resource in assigned areas
· Supervises and facilitates students' academic progress
· Teaches and instructs through lectures, demonstrations and audio/visual aids
Sample Technical Competencies:
1. Ability to develop lesson outlines and materials
2. Knowledge of vocational area of assignment
3. Ability to present subject matter in the specific vocational area
4. Ability to administer tests to evaluate progress
5. Ability to use video, audio, and other types of equipment to present lessons
6. Ability to supervise individualized programs
Completion of an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university AND Eligible to obtain at least a Georgia teacher's associate professional fourth-year certificate. OR A current, appropriate Georgia teacher's fourth-year certificate.
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade N/A on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at Georgia Regional Hospital of Atlanta in Atlanta (Decatur), Georgia.
A sprawling metropolis of over four million people today, metro Atlanta has the vibrancy of the world’s great urban centers combined with the Southern charm of small town centers such as Roswell and Decatur. Here you’ll find historic sites from the Civil War through the Civil Rights era, as well as world-class shopping, entertainment, and nightlife.
Come to Georgia's capital city and experience first-hand our historic charm and hospitality.
Applying for this position requires two (2) steps. Please be sure to complete both steps in order to be considered.
- Click on the long link below, complete the summary information form and submit.
- Email your resume and cover letter to the email address listed below.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Teacher If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.