> Job Listings
> Job Description
Wireless Support Specialist
Job Responsibilities include:
- Address and resolve daily wireless device issues
- Serve as tier 1 technical device support for agency and communicates with vendors and IBM/GroupWise teams to resolve device problems and answer user questions
- Provision Blackberry (BB) devices on the BES (add, change, delete BB users0
- Activate wireless devices
- Track BB Client Access Licenses (CALS)
- Request quotes for new wireless service and upgrades
- Guide users toward selecting the wireless device models, calling plans and services based on features, coverage areas and the best value due to sales and current promotions
- Coordinate annual device upgrades
- Maintain device inventory and track spares and surplus inventory
- Reconcile monthly billing
- Schedule and participate in video conferences and keep the centralized scheduling database updates
- Communicate updates and prepare agency for new policy updates to wireless devices
- Ensure that equipment is functioning properly for the Commissioner's Board Room
- Perform onsite support to the Regional Office, Hospital/Central Office SD Team and VIP staff with onsite support
- Provide technical assistance to staff for AT&T Connect meetings when necessary
- Have knowledge of Sharepoint
- Other duties as assigned
Associate degree and two years of related experience OR Bachelors degree in any related area OR four years of related experience in the area of assignment OR one year of experience at the lower level or at an equivalent position
Knowledge of DBHDD processes and procedures
Knowledge of GETS/IT SD and Vendor processes and procedures
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 13 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located in downtown Atlanta.
A sprawling metropolis of over four million people today, metro Atlanta has the vibrancy of the world’s great urban centers combined with the Southern charm of small town centers such as Roswell and Decatur. Here you’ll find historic sites from the Civil War through the Civil Rights era, as well as world-class shopping, entertainment, and nightlife.
We're located across from Underground Atlanta. Parking is nearby as well as direct access to MARTA's rail and bus system.
Come to Georgia's capital city and experience first-hand our historic charm and hospitality.
In addition to emailing your cover letter and resume as instructed below, to be considered for this position, please also click on the link below and provide the information requested:
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Wireless Support Specialist If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.