> Job Listings
> Job Description
Training Manager - Columbus
This position reports to the State Office in Atlanta, but is located full time at West Central Regional Hospital in Columbus, Georgia.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Manages the training and human resource development for West Central Regional Hospital in Columbus, GA
- In cooperation with the hospital Nurse Executive, schedule and facilitate nurse education programs and required training
- Manages the maintenance of training records, development and distribution of training reports
- Works with hospital leadership staff to identify learning and development needs and present plans of action to address such needs
- Manages the Staff Development staff and vendor activities and performance
- Updates and/or develops training materials as needed or identified
- Oversees the department's library and media resource
Work hours are typically 8:00 to 5:00 p.m., but may require altered work hours as needed to accomplish training mandates
Bachelors degree in education, human resource development, nursing or a related field from an accredited college or university and three years of experience planning, developing, delivering or evaluating training programs or academic instruction, one year of which was as a supervisor or project leader OR two years of experience at the lower level or position equivalent
Two years experience working in a hospital or healthcare setting
Experience in the following:
- Managing staff development training
- Formal training and adult learning principles
- Coordinating workshops that offer CEUs
- Short and long term Departmental Strategic Planning
- Staff development curriculum and Lesson Plan research and development
- Use of multi-media training and presentation equipment
- Management of Departmental budget and resource allocation
- Member of management or leadership committee/group cooperative efforts
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 17 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at West Central Georgia Regional Hospital in Columbus, Georgia.
Columbus, Georgia is an authentic Rivertown. The gently rolling waters of the Chattahoochee have provided food, energy, employment, and recreation for the citizens of Columbus throughout the years.
Today, the river is home to the 12-mile path known as the Chattahoochee Riverwalk. The Riverwalk provides an excellent facility to bike, in-line skate, jog, or just take a leisurely stroll and enjoy the scenery. The river is also home to the Chattahoochee Princess Riverboat, an authentic 1880's era paddlewheel riverboat, and the Coca-Cola Space Science Center, the first in Georgia and one of only 32 in the United States.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Training Manager - Columbus If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well. If you are an employee currently working in a unit that is closing, please follow the instructions in the gray box below.
Special Instructions for employees affected by closures at SWSH & CSH’s Craig Center
*AFFECTED EMPLOYEES MUST COMPLETE THIS STEP*
Follow the directions to apply for this job as listed above. However, be sure to include either SWSH or Craig, depending on which applies to you, along with Internal Employee and the Job Title.
"Training Manager - Columbus – Internal SWSH Employee" or
"Training Manager - Columbus – Internal Craig Employee"
ALSO complete the information at this link: Affected Employee Link
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.