> Job Listings
> Job Description
Provides administrative, clerical and secretarial functions in support of an individual(s). Duties include drafting basic correspondence, answering telephones, providing information to callers, scheduling appointments, etc.
- Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Serves as job expert or organization resource in assigned areas
- Answers telephone and gives information to callers, takes messages or transfers calls to appropriate individuals
- Arranges conferences, meetings and travel reservations for office personnel
- Completes forms in accordance with organizational procedures
- Composes, types, distributes meeting notes, routine correspondence and reports
- Maintains confidential information
- May purchase and maintain supplies and/or stock items
- May supervise support staff and/or lower level employees
- Opens, reads, routes and distributes incoming mail and other materials
- Uses computer application software
- Uses independent judgment and initiative to perform administrative, clerical and secretarial duties in support of an individual employee or group of employees
- Organizes travel arrangements and reimbursements
- Responsible for the monthly payment of the department bills
Two years related experience OR Associate degree OR one year at the lower level or position equivalent. Note: Some positions may require an examination
At least five years experience as an executive secretary
Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 11 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located in the Region 5 Office in Savannah, Georgia.
Founded in 1733, Savannah is a city rich in history, charm and Southern hospitality. Savannah has one of the largest historic districts in the United States, with thousands of architecturally-significant buildings nestled under giant live oaks hung with Spanish moss.
Savannah captivates the suitors that come to call with her natural beauty, eccentric charm and traditional Southern Hospitality -- because Savannah is genteel, gracious and captivating. Savannah is the beautifully preserved hidden treasure of the Low Country. Come unlock the history, romance and beauty that lies within.
Savannah is situated at the mouth of the Savannah River, which forms the border between Georgia and South Carolina. The area has a large network of rivers and creeks. The Intracoastal Waterway runs along the east coast, much of which is comprised of ecologically vital marshes.
Come to Georgia and experience first-hand our historic charm and hospitality.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Executive Secretary If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.