> Job Listings
> Job Description
East Central Regional Hospital located in Augusta Georgia is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Dental Director (MG1: Health Care) on the Gracewood Campus.
Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates the delivery of health services. Develops and implements related policies and procedures. Monitors and evaluates healthcare programs. Directs subordinate managers and staff.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
· Assures that community health care services are adequate, appropriate, and accessible
· Develop long and short-term goals for the health agency and participates in the agency's strategic and operational planning
· Interviews, hires, directs, trains, evaluates the performance of, and when necessary, disciplines and discharges health care employees
· Maintains awareness of advances in medicine, computerized diagnostic and treatment equipment, data processing technology, government regulations, health insurance charges, and financing options
· Manages human resources and directs administrative activities for health care employees
· Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of services and programs
· Oversees the planning, development, scheduling, and implementation of health care programs and activities
· Participates in the development and administration of budgets
· Performs community assessments and develops policies and plans based on data collection, activity reports, planning documents, program plans and objectives
· Plans and organizes program structure and policies to meet organizational and programmatic objectives
· Plans, organizes, and directs the work of the unit(s) to provide continuous active treatment to the patients served
· Set priorities and implements goals and objectives to meet or resolve identified health problems
Sample Technical Competencies:
· Ability to prioritize time and resources among primary projects of responsibilities
· Ability to anticipate future trends and issues that should be addressed to meet goals and objectives
· Knowledge of how health care facility operates
· Ability to develop service plans according to policies and procedures
· Ability to schedule staff accordingly
· Ability to plan, monitor and evaluate the performance of direct reports
Bachelor's degree in a related field and three years experience performing management responsibilities in a health care services environment Or Master degree in a related field and two years experience performing management responsibilities in a health care services environment Or Doctorate degree in a related field and one year experience performing management responsibilities in a health care services environment Or Two years at the lower level or position equivalent Note: Some positions may require certification or licensure
License to practice Dentistry in the State of Georgia and eligible for a conscious sedation permit.
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 22 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at East Central Georgia Regional Hospital in Augusta, Georgia.
While Augusta is known worldwide for the Masters® and the coveted green jacket, you'll find that Georgia's second-oldest and second-largest city - also known as the "Garden City" of the South - is full of history, atmosphere, Southern charm, and activities to engage everyone's interest.
Discover the historic charm of the classic South with Augusta's tree-lined streets and majestic antebellum mansions. Enjoy dozens of shops and restaurants, cultural attractions and entertainment. Meander along the banks of the Savannah River as you stroll Riverwalk Augusta. Canoe the river or the adjacent Augusta Canal.
Whatever your interest, you'll find something to satisfy it in Augusta.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Dental Director If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.