> Job Listings
> Job Description
Building/Construction Trades Specialist
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) is currently seeking candidates for the position of Building Construction Trades Specialist at Georgia Regional Hospital - Atlanta, located in Decatur, GA.
Performs a variety of semi-skilled and skilled building trades work in the repair, maintenance or construction of state buildings and related structures. Installs and maintains security, climate control, and other facilities systems. May serve as lead worker and/or supervise support staff.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
· Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision
· Serves as job expert or organization resource in assigned areas
· May supervise and/or direct the work of others
· Assembles, installs and/or repairs wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery, and equipment
· Handles hazardous materials according to laws and regulations
· Installs, maintains, evaluates and repairs any components of the systems
· Operates plant equipment and building automation systems
· Operates trade related tools and equipment; maintains/assists an accurate inventory of all materials and equipment
· Performs basic and skilled painting, carpentry, and roofing tasks
· Performs general maintenance and repair work on facilities and equipment
· Performs routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines operate smoothly, efficiently and physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate
· Reads, utilizes blueprints, plans, drawings and sketches to determine the work to be performed and resources required
· Renovates or builds additions to existing facilities
· Repairs and performs maintenance on plumbing fixtures, lighting, air vents and air conditioning units and facilities
· Wears safety equipment and observes all safety practices and regulations
Sample Technical Competencies:
Knowledge of the standard methods, practices, tools and equipment used in a variety of building maintenance
Ability to repair and maintain tools and equipment
Ability to safely work at various heights on ladders, platforms and scaffolds
Ability to install, repair, and maintain component parts of the systems
Knowledge of plant equipment and building systems
Skill in the use and application of equipment, tools, and equipment applicable to area of assignment
Ability to train/teach the operations of systems
Three years of experience in building repairs and maintenance or in the specific area of assignment OR Two years of experience at the lower level or position equivalent. Note: some positions may require area specific certifications/licenses.
Carpentry, plumbing, electrical and general maintenance experience.
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 11 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at Georgia Regional Hospital of Atlanta in Atlanta (Decatur), Georgia.
A sprawling metropolis of over four million people today, metro Atlanta has the vibrancy of the world’s great urban centers combined with the Southern charm of small town centers such as Roswell and Decatur. Here you’ll find historic sites from the Civil War through the Civil Rights era, as well as world-class shopping, entertainment, and nightlife.
Come to Georgia's capital city and experience first-hand our historic charm and hospitality.
In addition to emailing your cover letter and resume as instructed below, to be considered for this position, please click on this link and provide the information requested:
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Building/Construction Trades Specialist If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.