> Job Listings
> Job Description
Associate Nurse Executive
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) is seeking qualified candidates for Associate Nurse Executive at Southwestern State Hospital in Thomasville, Georgia.
Responsibilities, Standards, and Qualifications
Plans, organizes, and directs all nursing activities in assigned facility. Responsible for the quality of nursing care delivered in hospitals, public health facilities, and community based programs. Directs subordinate supervisors and staff.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
- Coordinates response to disaster and emergencies
- Develops and manages the budget and makes cost effective decisions
- Develops policies, sets standards and plans objectives for the nursing program in accordance with established policies
- Develops staffing patterns
- Evaluates nursing standards and nurse protocols for all nursing programs
- Initiates and participates in the development of community wide policy to improve the health status of the stakeholder
- Interprets policies and communicates changes in regulations and procedures
- Makes long-range plans and regularly reviews activities, problems and functions of services being delivered
- Organizes and plans a systematic and continuous quality/performance improvement program for the practice of nursing
- Oversees the collection of data for statistical records
- Plans and directs the work of nursing or other professional staff and assures an adequate level of nursing care
- Provides staff development including orientation, in-service training, workshops and continuing education for all levels of nursing staff
- Reviews state, federal, and other regulatory standards information in order to direct the quality improvement activities and achieve compliance
- Assist in organization and support for Competency Fair held quarterly
- Assists with JCAHO and other agency surveys by review of records and other tasks as indicated by Nurse Executive to ensure hospitals readiness
- Takes responsibility for Nursing students at SWSH including Marketing the hospital as a potential employer during initial orientation, being POC for questions by the instructors/and or students. Coordinating nursing students oversight with Staff Development
- Knowledge of the administration and organization of nursing services
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, procedures, and techniques
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations governing the practice of nursing and the provision of health care to clients
- Skill to plan, organize, manage and evaluate the delivery of a variety of nursing services
- Ability to interpret policy to nursing personnel
A current Georgia license to practice as a registered professional nurse AND Bachelor's degree in nursing from an accredited college or university AND Four years of experience as registered professional nurse, including two years in an administrative or supervisory capacity
Master's degree in nursing, nursing administration, public health or directly related area AND One year in an administrative or supervisory capacity
Eight years of experience as a registered nurse, including two years in an environment related to the area of assignment and three years of supervisory experience
The preferred candidate will have:
- BSN or MSN with experience as listed in the entry qualifications above
- Previous Psychiatric Nursing Experience
- Experience assisting in the development and implementation of Policies and Procedures.
In addition to a competitive salary (See Statewide Salary Pay at this link: http://dbhddjobs.com/files/StatewideSalaryPlanAnnual2009.pdf), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 17 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at Southwestern State Hospital in Thomasville, Georgia.
More than a century ago, Thomasville was celebrated as one of the most fashionable places in the world to visit. During the Victorian era, many wealthy northern socialites and pleasure seekers traveled by rail to enjoy Thomasville as their grand winter resort. Attracted to the genteel life of south Georgia, many made Thomasville their winter home and built "grand winter cottages". Although this era quickly faded in the early 1900s, more than fifty of these grand historic homes still grace Thomasville's streets.
Thomasville, in southwest Georgia and on the Florida border, is home to both the second largest Farmer’s Market in the state and three Fortune 500 companies.
Applying for this position requires two (2) steps. Please be sure to complete both steps in order to be considered.
- Click on the long link below, complete the summary information form and submit.
- Email your resume and cover letter to the email address listed below.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: RNJobsSW@dbhdd.ga.gov
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Associate Nurse Executive If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well. If you are an employee currently working in a unit that is closing, please follow the instructions in the gray box below.
Special Instructions for employees affected by closures at SWSH & CSH’s Craig Center
*AFFECTED EMPLOYEES MUST COMPLETE THIS STEP*
Follow the directions to apply for this job as listed above. However, be sure to include either SWSH or Craig, depending on which applies to you, along with Internal Employee and the Job Title.
"Associate Nurse Executive – Internal SWSH Employee" or
"Associate Nurse Executive – Internal Craig Employee"
ALSO complete the information at this link: Affected Employee Link
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.