> Job Listings
> Job Description
Maintenance Assistant Director
East Central Regional Hospital is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Maintenance Assistant Director (PS:Facilities Op/Pl Spec (SP)) to provide oversight and management over both campuses located in Augusta, GA.
East Central Regional Hospital is a state operated facility with two campuses, Augusta and Gracewood.
The Augusta campus is a psychiatric hospital that provides care to people with severe and persistent mental illness. The Augusta campus also provides Forensic services. There are treatment units and malls, activity areas, administrative and support buildings on a 310 acre campus.
The Gracewood campus is an ICF/MR and Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) that provides care and services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Gracewood consists of living areas, activity areas, administrative and support buildings spread over a 420 acre campus.
Coordinates the engineering, maintenance, renovation, and construction of facilities. Reviews plans and conducts on-site inspections to ensure work is performed according to established guidelines. Supervises and plans work of assigned staff.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
· Compiles and maintains cost estimates records and bid tabulation files
· Conducts field reviews to inspect and assure compliance to maintenance and construction policies, procedures and standards
· Conducts technical analyses and studies to determine infrastructures, facility and physical plant needs
· Confirms that work is performed in accordance with all applicable guidelines and established practices
· Coordinates, plans, and directs maintenance and concrete construction
· Ensures that construction projects are completed within established guidelines
· Interprets blueprints and drawings
· Manages maintenance, construction, renovation and repair activities
· Monitors work of vendors and contractors
· Prepares specifications for new or renovated structures
· Resolves problems
· Reviews plans and specifications and conducts on site inspections
· Supervises and plans work of assigned staff Professional Staff: Construction
· Conducts routine statewide inspections of signage to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
Sample Technical Competencies:
· Ability to perform maintenance, construction and renovation activities.
· Knowledge of maintenance, construction and renovation activities.
· Ability to inspect equipment.
· Ability to assign and delegate repairs.
· Ability to schedule maintenance activities.
· Ability to work independently, ability to supervise and delegate assignments
Bachelor's degree in a related field and two years of related experience with at least one year as a supervisor Or Five years of related experience with at least two years as a supervisor Or One year at the lower level or at an equivalent position
Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications, in addition to five (5) or more years supervisory experience specializing in maintenance construction, electrical, motor & automotive, HVAC, Water and Waste Water Treatment functions. Prior experience in cost estimates and project management.
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 15 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at East Central Georgia Regional Hospital in Augusta, Georgia.
While Augusta is known worldwide for the Masters® and the coveted green jacket, you'll find that Georgia's second-oldest and second-largest city - also known as the "Garden City" of the South - is full of history, atmosphere, Southern charm, and activities to engage everyone's interest.
Discover the historic charm of the classic South with Augusta's tree-lined streets and majestic antebellum mansions. Enjoy dozens of shops and restaurants, cultural attractions and entertainment. Meander along the banks of the Savannah River as you stroll Riverwalk Augusta. Canoe the river or the adjacent Augusta Canal.
Whatever your interest, you'll find something to satisfy it in Augusta.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Maintenance Assistant Director If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.