> Job Listings
> Job Description
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) is currently seeking candidates for the position of Budget Analyst at Georgia Regional Hospital - Atlanta, located in Decatur, GA.
Develops, prepares, analyzes, and/or revises budgets and supporting schedules for assigned organizations or program areas. Performs review and analysis of budget program and policy issues, analyzes financial trends or proposed legislation, and recommends appropriate courses of action to management. Performs expenditure analyses and prepares budget-related financial summaries and recommendations for management review.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
· Analyzes agency budgeting and accounting reports/requests to maintain expenditure controls
· Analyzes or develops policy and budget-related initiatives Makes recommendations based on analysis
· Consults with management to ensure that budget adjustments are made in accordance with program changes
· Develops, prepares, analyzes, and/or revises annual operating budget, capital and/or zero base budgets and supporting schedules in accordance with appropriations and departmental instructions
· Examines budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations
· Maintains financial records and documentation
· May assess financial data to determine the resources required to implement a program, or to analyze trends
· May prepare and compile statistical analyses, projections, costing, or plans
· May prepare budget amendments
· May request budgetary codes, track physical inventory or record/audit expenses, or document use of funds and adherence to budget allocations
· Monitors budgets and identifies variances, surplus or deficit amounts, and solutions
· Performs cost-benefit analyses
· Prepares and generates department, state and federal reports as required
· Prepares reports and summaries based on budgetary analyses for management
Sample Technical Competencies:
1. Ability to interpret and explain reports, to frame issues, perform research, analyze data and organize information.
2. Knowledge of budget development and legislative processes.
3. Knowledge of techniques used in collection, review and presentation of data.
4. Knowledge of expenditure trends, program purposes and results.
5. Knowledge of financial systems, classes, fund sources, accounts and spending flexibility parameters.
6. Ability to use financial software.
Bachelors degree in public administration, business administration, accounting, finance or related fields OR Associate degree from an accredited college or university in public administration, business administration, accounting, finance or related fields AND Two years of fiscal analysis experience OR Four years of fiscal analysis experience.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Financial Management.
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 14 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at Georgia Regional Hospital of Atlanta in Atlanta (Decatur), Georgia.
A sprawling metropolis of over four million people today, metro Atlanta has the vibrancy of the world’s great urban centers combined with the Southern charm of small town centers such as Roswell and Decatur. Here you’ll find historic sites from the Civil War through the Civil Rights era, as well as world-class shopping, entertainment, and nightlife.
Come to Georgia's capital city and experience first-hand our historic charm and hospitality.
Applying for this position requires two (2) steps. Please be sure to complete both steps in order to be considered.
- Click on the long link below, complete the summary information form and submit.
- Email your resume and cover letter to the email address listed below.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Budget Analyst If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.