> Job Listings
> Job Description
Georgia Regional Hospital at Savannah is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Operations Analyst 3 with the Quality Management (QM) Department.
We will accept resumes for this position until close of business on 6/18/2014.
The Operations Analyst will provide assistance to the Director of Quality Management for quality improvement activities that support the clinical providers at Georgia Regional Hospital at Savannah. The position is responsible for developing, collecting, monitoring and reporting various quality improvement activities. The Operations Analyst will be responsible for data analysis and taking the lead on producing root cause analysis, corrective action responses and sentinel event analysis, as needed. The Operations Analyst will also provide support for the Recovery Planning Teams, Risk, Incident and Safety Management program.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
- Develop metrics in conjunction with leadership staff to drive operational efficienceies while enhancing staff and patient satisfaction and customer service.
- Assist with the identification, selection, and prioritization of Total Quality Managemnt (TQM) projects.
- Recognize TQM teams for success in operational improvements.
- Provide the analysis of clinical quality data to recognize outliers and develop quality ipmrovement initiatives as needed to assure clinical excellence of outcomes in the patient populations werved.
- Investigates and documents underlying trends, irregularities and possible causes for changes in data.
- Conduct or produce root cause or sentinel event analysis and corrective action plans.
- Facilitate multidisciplinary (e.g., RPT) quality improvement teams to investigate trends.
- Create and maintain databases of requests or statistical data for future reference.
- Evaluate data for quality and completeness.
- Prepare reports, and makes recommendations or determinations based on proposed analysis.
- Responds to routine and special requests for data, as needed.
- Skilled in using relevant computer software (i.e., SPSS, SAS, Microsoft Access & Excel)
- Ability to use job-specific tools to review data
- Ability to prepare reports tailored to the agencies' needs
- Ability to acquire needed data
- Ability to combine information from separate databases
- Ability to gather and analyze data through on site reviews
When you send your resume saved in format compatible with MS Word 2010 version to the email address listed below, you must include in the subject line the hospital location and position title.
Completion of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university AND One year of related experience OR One year of experience at the lower level or position equivalent (GSP011) OR Five years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, Management, Social Sciences or a similar field and at least one year of related experience required.
- Demonstrated competence in Quality Assurance in a healthcare setting required.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, facilitation, presentation and training skills required.
- Demonstrated mentoring and coaching experience required.
- Strong team player and business change agent required.
- Results driven with proven process oriented and problem solving skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Knowledge in the area of lean six sigma, TQM Principles or risk management preferred.
- Master's degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, Management, Social Sciences or a similar field preferred.
In addition to a competitive salary (Salary Depends On Skills And Experience), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 15 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at Georgia Regional Hospital at Savannah in Savannah, Georgia.
Since opening in 1970, GeorgiaRegional Hospital at Savannah (GRHS) has stood as a beacon of hope for consumers in need of mental health, developmental disability and addictive disease services in the southeast region of the state of Georgia.
Savannah, Georgia's First City is first, in family fun for the summer! With more than 50 cultural and historic attractions, there are plenty of museums, galleries, great entertainment and tours to keep busy and beat the heat!
Come join our team of professional staff and make a difference.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Operations Analyst 3 If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.