> Job Listings
> Job Description
DD Case Expediter - Region 4
Conducts research involving data collection and analysis; develops and implements policy and administers social services programs
Job Responsibilities include:
- Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Monitors and tracks consumers targeted from transition to the community and produces tracking reports
- Enters demographic, case and placement information on targeted consumers into a database and tracks their immediate status. Updates with new case status information
- Facilitates discharges of DD consumers from MH hospital units
- Consults with case managers and others to facilitate admission of consumer to community placement programs
- Assists case manager in arranging placements for consumers as necessary
- Serves as Hospital DD Case Expediter
- Responds to requests for assistance from consumers, families, court systems, DFCS and other stakeholders
- Works to connect DD consumers in need with available community based services
- Coordinates review/submission of Exceptional Rate Requests
- Conducts Regional DD site visits
- Develops/maintains an inventory of all alternative resources
- Maintains an up-to-date resource file on programs that serve as alternative placements
- Identifies appropriate alternative placement based on the characteristics of the consumer and available programs
- Provides technical assistance/training to internal and external service providers, developing policy interpretation, contractual services and/or evaluating quality and management
Sample Technical Competencies:
- Knowledge of program and project planning and design
- Ability to conduct program reviews to assess compliance and/or program quality
- Ability to implement programs
- Ability to develop and/or modify service plans and contracts
- Ability to monitor and work within program budget
- Ability to guide and mentor staff
Bachelors degree in a related field and four years of related experience, two of which as a supervisor or lead worker OR Masters degree in a related field and two years of related experience, one of which as a supervisor or lead worker OR two years at the lower level or position equivalent
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 16 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located in the Region 4 Regional Office in Thomasville, Georgia.
More than a century ago, Thomasville was celebrated as one of the most fashionable places in the world to visit. During the Victorian era, many wealthy northern socialites and pleasure seekers traveled by rail to enjoy Thomasville as their grand winter resort. Attracted to the genteel life of south Georgia, many made Thomasville their winter home and built "grand winter cottages". Although this era quickly faded in the early 1900s, more than fifty of these grand historic homes still grace Thomasville's streets.
Thomasville, in southwest Georgia and on the Florida border, is home to both the second largest Farmer’s Market in the state and three Fortune 500 companies.
Come to Georgia and experience first-hand our historic charm and hospitality.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: DD Case Expediter - Region 4 If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.