> Job Listings
> Job Description
Social Services Provider/PRN (Hourly)
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Social Service Provider at Georgia Regional Hospital - Atlanta, located in Decatur, GA
Provide persons, families or vulnerable populations with the psycho-social support needed to cope with chronic, acute, or terminal illnesses and physical or developmental disabilities.
Provides patient education and counseling, advises caregivers, and makes necessary referrals for other social services.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
- Acts as client advocate in order to coordinate required services or to resolve crisis
- Counsels clients in individual and group sessions to help them overcome dependencies, recover from illness, and adjust to life
- Identify environmental impediments to client of patient progress through interviews and review of patient records
- Monitors, evaluates, and records client progress according to measurable goals described in treatment and care plan
- Organizes support groups or counsel family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, and supporting the client
- Performs clinical assessments of the behavioral health needs of consumers presenting for services
- Provides case management services related to identified treatment needs
- Provides training to direct care staff in implementing behavior modification techniques and treatment plans
- Refers client or family to community resources to assist in recovery from mental or physical illness and to provide access to services such as financial assistance, legal aid, housing, job placement or education
Sample Technical Competencies:
- Knowledge of diagnostic impressions or criteria
- Knowledge of how client advocacy system operates
- Knowledge of crisis intervention techniques
- Knowledge of individual and group therapy techniques
- Knowledge of various therapeutic models and intervention as directly related to area of assignment
Hours: Weekends, Holidays & Evening Shifts as needed
Master's degree and eligibility to be licensed
Bachelor's degree in a related field and two years of experience in social service delivery
Preference will be given to those who, in addition to meeting the above qualifications, also possess the following:
- Master's of Social Work (MSW)
- 1 year of working in an acute psychiatric hospital/behavioral health care setting/forensic setting
- Extensive knowledge of community resources and aftercare planning
/ hour. This is an hourly position with no benefits associated.
This position is located at Georgia Regional Hospital of Atlanta in Atlanta (Decatur), Georgia.
A sprawling metropolis of over four million people today, metro Atlanta has the vibrancy of the world’s great urban centers combined with the Southern charm of small town centers such as Roswell and Decatur. Here you’ll find historic sites from the Civil War through the Civil Rights era, as well as world-class shopping, entertainment, and nightlife.
Come to Georgia's capital city and experience first-hand our historic charm and hospitality.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: GRHAJobs@dhr.state.ga.us
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Social Services Provider/PRN (Hourly) If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.