> Job Listings
> Job Description
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) is currently seeking candidates for the position of Day Nurse Administrator at Georgia Regional Hospital - Atlanta, located in Decatur, GA.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for a unit or shift.
- Ensures that staff assess client health problems and needs, develop and implement nursing care plans, and maintain medical records.
- Oversees the provision and quality of nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled clients.
- Advises clients on health maintenance and disease prevention or provide case management.
- Supervises and plans work of assigned staff.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
- Supervises and plans work of assigned staff
- Administers prescribed medications or starts intravenous fluids, and notes times and amounts on clients' charts
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate client care plans
- Maintains accurate, detailed reports and client records
- Modifies client treatment plans as indicated by clients' responses and conditions
- Monitors all aspects of client care, including diet and physical activity
- Monitors, records and reports symptoms and changes in clients' conditions
- Observes nurses and visits clients to ensure that proper nursing care is provided
- Prepares clients for, and assists with, examinations and treatments
- Prepares rooms, sterile instruments, equipment and supplies, and ensures that stock of supplies is maintained
- Provides education to client and family
- Provides health care, first aid, immunizations and assistance in convalescence and rehabilitation
- Ability to assess, plan for, and provide basic nursing skills; knows procedures including developing, implementing and revising plan of care
- Knowledge of nursing policies, procedures, protocols, treatments, standards of care and nurse practice act
- Knowledge of the procedures for medication administration and can administer oral, sublingual and IV medications; knowledge of pharmacology
- Knowledge of immunization regulations and protocols
- Ability to perform CPR and for some sites, AED
- Skills in supervision/leadership, including team leadership, performance management, training/teaching, decision making and delegation; knowledge of employee job classifications and responsibilities
- Ability to plan for unit needs
Current Georgia license to practice as a registered professional nurse AND One year of professional nursing experience.
Registered Nurse with at least five years nursing experience. Experience with developing nursing schedules and maintaining staffing patterns and minimal/core staffing. Experience with data analysis and corrective action plans.
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 16 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at Georgia Regional Hospital of Atlanta in Atlanta (Decatur), Georgia.
A sprawling metropolis of over four million people today, metro Atlanta has the vibrancy of the world’s great urban centers combined with the Southern charm of small town centers such as Roswell and Decatur. Here you’ll find historic sites from the Civil War through the Civil Rights era, as well as world-class shopping, entertainment, and nightlife.
Come to Georgia's capital city and experience first-hand our historic charm and hospitality.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: RNJobsGRA@dbhdd.ga.gov
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Day Nurse Administrator If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.