> Job Listings
> Job Description
Forensic Service Technician 1 - 2nd Shift
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD), is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Forensic Service Technician 1 - 2nd Shift at West Central Georgia Regional Hospital (please visit http://www.wcgrh.org/ for more information about the hospital).
Provide basic patient care and work with patients/clients to develop daily living skills. May take vital signs.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
- Answers clients' call signals
- Assists in administration of medications and treatments, takes vital signs, and/or draws blood or collects other bodily fluids, as directed by a physician or nurse
- Bathes, grooms, shaves and dresses clients
- Conducts activities for recreation and socialization
- Ensures safety and security of clients
- Feeds clients who are unable to feed themselves
- Observes and documents patient data, behavior and activity
- Prepares clients for treatment or examination
- Provides client care by supplying and emptying bedpans, applying dressings and supervising exercise routines
- Provides clients with help walking, exercising, and moving in and out of bed
- Provides sub professional occupational and/or physical therapy services to physically and/or developmentally disabled patients
- Transports and/or accompanies clients to treatment units, using a wheelchair or stretcher
- Turns and re-positions bedridden clients, alone or with assistance, to prevent bedsores
SHIFT: 3:00 PM - 11:30 PM
*Multiple positions available*
High School Diploma or GED
Preference will be given to those who meet the above qualifications as well as the following: A valid driver's license.
- Experience in direct care with persons with mental health, mental retardation, and/or substance abuse disabilities, or with forensic patients, correctional offenders, or a similar population.
- CNA License
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail.
All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview.
Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process.
Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
In addition to a competitive salary (See Statewide Salary Pay at this link: http://dbhddjobs.com/files/StatewideSalaryPlanAnnual2009.pdf), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 8 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at West Central Georgia Regional Hospital in Columbus, Georgia.
Columbus, Georgia is an authentic Rivertown. The gently rolling waters of the Chattahoochee have provided food, energy, employment, and recreation for the citizens of Columbus throughout the years.
Today, the river is home to the 12-mile path known as the Chattahoochee Riverwalk. The Riverwalk provides an excellent facility to bike, in-line skate, jog, or just take a leisurely stroll and enjoy the scenery. The river is also home to the Chattahoochee Princess Riverboat, an authentic 1880's era paddlewheel riverboat, and the Coca-Cola Space Science Center, the first in Georgia and one of only 32 in the United States.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to:
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Forensic Service Technician 1 - 2nd Shift If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.