> Job Listings
> Job Description
Program Associate - Risk Management
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) is seeking qualified candidates for Program Associate at Southwestern State Hospital in Thomasville, Georgia
Performs a variety clerical functions/processes for an office or unit. Clerical duties may include document examination, licensing, purchasing, and vendor management, compiling evidence, drafting contracts, developing operating procedures and research, or a similar level of work. May serve as lead worker and/or supervise lower level staff.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
· Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision
· Serves as job expert or organization resource in assigned areas
· May supervise lower level staff
· Reviews files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests
· Collects, counts, and disburses money; may perform basic bookkeeping and completes banking transactions
· Communicates with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders, and address complaints
· Completes and mails bills, contracts, policies, invoices, or checks
· Completes tasks and assignments associated with administrative support functions (ie, licensure, personnel, purchasing, records management, inventory, or similar function)
· Computes, records, and proofreads data and other information, such as records or reports
· Conducts research to produce reports
· Maintains and updates filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems, either manually or using a computer
· Performs advanced level processing of documents and transactions according to prescribed procedures
8:00 am - 4:30 pm, Mon - Friday, with weekends and/or holidays as needed
NOTE: Applicants should pay particular attention to the application process listed at the bottom of this posting. Failure to follow them, as directed, may prevent or delay consideration for this vacancy.
Job seekers are encouraged to apply without delay. This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
Due to the volume of applications/resumes received, we are unable to provide information on the status of your application by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Only selected applicants will be contacted for follow up. Applicants who are not selected will not be contacted.
High school diploma or GED and two years of related experience OR One year at the lower level or at an equivalent position OR Two years of college or Associate degree.
· Excellent computer and data entry skills
· Able to work proficiently in programs such as Word and Excel
· Ability to build and maintain computer and paper filing system
· Coursework in Secretarial Science, Business Administration and/or Management
· Experience managing an office
In addition to a competitive salary ($22,077.93 - 38,661.83), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 10 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at Southwestern State Hospital in Thomasville, Georgia.
More than a century ago, Thomasville was celebrated as one of the most fashionable places in the world to visit. During the Victorian era, many wealthy northern socialites and pleasure seekers traveled by rail to enjoy Thomasville as their grand winter resort. Attracted to the genteel life of south Georgia, many made Thomasville their winter home and built "grand winter cottages". Although this era quickly faded in the early 1900s, more than fifty of these grand historic homes still grace Thomasville's streets.
Thomasville, in southwest Georgia and on the Florida border, is home to both the second largest Farmer’s Market in the state and three Fortune 500 companies.
Applying for this position requires two (2) steps. Please be sure to complete both steps in order to be considered.
- Click on the long link below, complete the summary information form and submit.
- Email your resume and cover letter to the email address listed below.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Program Associate - Risk Management If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.