> Job Listings
> Job Description
Forensic Services Technician - 2nd Shift
Georgia Regional Hospital at Savannah is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Forensic Services Technician 1 - Forensic Unit #2 - will work 7:00 am - 3:30 pm shift.
- Provides training to individuals in a variety of areas depending upon the individual's needs
- Completes required documentation in the individual's and unit records
- Observes and maintains an awareness of individuals' behavior and physical whereabouts to ensure their security and safety
- Transports/accompanies individuals to appointments and activities in various locations and off campus visits
- Participates in providing for a safe, secure, clean and attractive environment for individuals, visitors, and staff
- Provides assistance to other staff when admitting and orienting new individuals to the forensic unit
- Conducts activities for recreation and socialization
- Provides clients with help walking, exercising, and moving in and out of bed
- Assist with identifying individuals in medication line
- Assist with lab draws and the collecting of bodily fluid specimens
- Conducts environment rounds
- Participates in interdisciplinary treatment team
- Participates in crisis de-escalation
- Serves on hospital-wide committees
- Group facilitation
- Provides training to individuals in a variety of areas depending upon the individual's needs.
High School Diploma or GED
Must have Security Experience, whether civilian or military Security experience, AND/OR one year of experience in direct care with persons with mental health, mental retardation, and/or substance abuse disabilities, or with forensic patients, correctional offenders, or a similar population.
In addition to a competitive salary (Salary Depends On Skills And Experience), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 8 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at Georgia Regional Hospital at Savannah in Savannah, Georgia.
Since opening in 1970, Georgia Regional Hospital at Savannah (GRHS) has stood as a beacon of hope for consumers in need of mental health, developmental disability and addictive disease services in the southeast region of the state of Georgia.
Savannah, Georgia's First City is first, in family fun for the summer! With more than 50 cultural and historic attractions, there are plenty of museums, galleries, great entertainment and tours to keep busy and beat the heat!
Come join our team of professional staff and make a difference.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to:
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Forensic Services Technician - 2nd Shift If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.