> Job Listings
> Job Description
Economic Support Specialist
Open only to DBHDD employees
East Central Regional Hospital located in Augusta Georgia is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Economic Support Specialist.
East Central Regional Hospital is a state operated facility with two campuses, Augusta and Gracewood.
The Augusta campus is a psychiatric hospital that provides care to people with severe and persistent mental illness. The Augusta campus also provides Forensic services. There are treatment units and malls, activity areas, administrative and support buildings on a 310 acre campus.
The Gracewood campus is an ICF/MR and Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) that provides care and services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Gracewood consists of living areas, activity areas, administrative and support buildings spread over a 420 acre campus.
The Economic Support Specialist/Medicaid Eligibility Specialist interviews and investigates applicants and recipients to determine eligibility for use of social programs and agency resources. Records and evaluates personal and financial data obtained from individuals. Initiates procedures to grant, modify, deny, or terminate eligibility for various aid programs. The position will be responsible for completing SOAR applications for social security and assisting in getting individuals Medicaid benefits. The position is part of the CRIPPA and ADA settlement agreement to aid in the transition of individuals from the hospital and the community.
· Conducts annual, interim, and special housing reviews and home visits to ensure compliance
· Determines initial or continuing eligibility for social services programs
· Explains eligibility requirements, form completion, community resources for assistance, housing opportunities, and selection methods
· Facilitates client access to community resources, including housing, food, clothing, school programs, vocational opportunities or services
· Initiates procedures to grant, modify, deny or terminate eligibility and grants for various programs
· Interviews, assesses, and investigates applicants for public assistance to gather information pertinent to their application
· Locates and develops resources for families and/or applicants
· Prepares and assists applicants in completion of routine intake forms
· Prepares regular and special reports, keeps records of assigned cases, and submits individual recommendations
· Processes applications and/or reviews using appropriate criteria and policies consistently and according to established guidelines
· Knowledge of program rules and regulations
· Skill in working with various databases
· Skill in interviewing
· Ability to make assessments
· Skill in communicating with clients about regulations and processes
· Ability to interpret client status / eligibility.
High School Diploma or GED AND three years of related experience OR Associate degree AND one year of related experience OR Bachelors in a related field OR Two years at the lower level (SSP050) or position equivalent
Completion of a master's degree in social work, psychology or counseling.
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 13 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located at East Central Georgia Regional Hospital in Augusta, Georgia.
While Augusta is known worldwide for the Masters® and the coveted green jacket, you'll find that Georgia's second-oldest and second-largest city - also known as the "Garden City" of the South - is full of history, atmosphere, Southern charm, and activities to engage everyone's interest.
Discover the historic charm of the classic South with Augusta's tree-lined streets and majestic antebellum mansions. Enjoy dozens of shops and restaurants, cultural attractions and entertainment. Meander along the banks of the Savannah River as you stroll Riverwalk Augusta. Canoe the river or the adjacent Augusta Canal.
Whatever your interest, you'll find something to satisfy it in Augusta.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Economic Support Specialist If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well.
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.