> Job Listings
> Job Description
Registered Nurse Training Specialist
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) is currently seeking a Master's Level Registered Nurse /Training Specialist for the Division of Developmental Disabilities (DD).
- Assess DD training needs system-wide, based on understanding of state and regional operations, DBHDD and Division goals.
- Work in concert with the DD Training Director and Office of Learning and Organizational Development (OLOD) Clinical Training Directors to implement training to address the needs statewide.
- Conduct training to existing providers, potential new providers and support coordinators as it relates to Hospital Transition, NOW/COMP waiver, Proxy Caregiver, Health and Risk Screening Tool (HRST), Division of DD Standards and statutory requirements for statewide implementation.
- Participate in the planning and development of training programs, addressing priority projects of the Division of DD, providing leadership when needed to providers to address goals.
- In concert with the DD Training and OLOD Clinical Training Directors evaluate DD training materials and implement statewide.
- Travel as needed to conduct training sessions/and or technical assistance to existing providers, new providers, and support coordinators, and other stakeholders as needed.
Bachelor's degree in nursing, education, social work, psychology, counseling or a related field from an accredited college or university and two years experience working with or planning, developing, delivering, implementing, coordinating or evaluating training programs.
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal, interviewing, assessment and multi-tasking skills.
Training or experience in the use of computer applications (e.g., Word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software).
Master's Degree in nursing, education, social work, psychology, counseling or a related field from an accredited college or university.
Registered Nurse with two years experience working with a dually diagnosed population (DD/MH).
Excellent interpersonal and writing skills.
Training or experience in the use of computer applications (e.g., Word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software including webinar presentations).
Two years experience working with or planning, developing, delivering, implementing, coordinating or evaluating training programs for those providing Developmental Disabilities services.
Intermediate-level skills in the use of computer applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint; experience with Access, Learning Management Systems or other database applications is a plus as well.
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 16 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located in downtown Atlanta.
A sprawling metropolis of over four million people today, metro Atlanta has the vibrancy of the world’s great urban centers combined with the Southern charm of small town centers such as Roswell and Decatur. Here you’ll find historic sites from the Civil War through the Civil Rights era, as well as world-class shopping, entertainment, and nightlife.
We're located across from Underground Atlanta. Parking is nearby as well as direct access to MARTA's rail and bus system.
Come to Georgia's capital city and experience first-hand our historic charm and hospitality.
Please email your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: Registered Nurse Training Specialist If you are currently employed by DBHDD, please include "Internal Employee" in the subject line as well. If you are an employee currently working in a unit that is closing, please follow the instructions in the gray box below.
Special Instructions for employees affected by closures at SWSH & CSH’s Craig Center
*AFFECTED EMPLOYEES MUST COMPLETE THIS STEP*
Follow the directions to apply for this job as listed above. However, be sure to include either SWSH or Craig, depending on which applies to you, along with Internal Employee and the Job Title.
"Registered Nurse Training Specialist – Internal SWSH Employee" or
"Registered Nurse Training Specialist – Internal Craig Employee"
ALSO complete the information at this link: Affected Employee Link
You may be subject to a Drug Screen. You may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of Criminal History Record Information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You do have the right to challenge the contents of any Criminal History that is located, should you choose to do so.
The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities provides services to ensure the health and welfare of Georgians. As an employee of DBHDD, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.